I think that I have probably mentioned before that Aaron's current work schedule really sucks! We don't get to see him very much, and the poor guy hardly gets any sleep at all for 3 days a week!
With all of this time away from their Daddy, the kids are sad, and cry for him a lot. This makes me sad because there is absolutely nothing we can do about his schedule at the moment.
So, I have been trying my best to keep the kids busy for as much of the day that I can so that they don't think quite so much about missing Daddy.
We sing songs, play games, watch movies, work on letters, numbers, and other school type stuff, and lately we have been going on lots of walks.
One day this week we went to the park that is close to my sister's house.
After the park we hung out at Kimber's for like 3 hours since David was at school and it was just her and Slade at home. We listened to tons of good music, and had lots of fun! After that we visited my mom for a few minutes before heading home to go to sleep.
Another day, we walked to a diferent park.... we are very lucky to have two parks within walking distance of our house. :) There were lots of moms and kids from our ward, and the kids had lots of fun together!
As we were walking toward the street to start our walk home, we saw some people in the part of the park that is used for sports. They had brought their pet turtle to the park to play, and his name was Little Foot. They invited the kids to pet it. Kenzie would have absolutely NOTHING to do with it, but I Kyle LOVED it! I actually had quite a hard time tearing him away from the thing to head home to eat lunch!
Later on that same day we went on another walk, and the kids rode their scooters to visit Grandma for a little while.
We hung out for a little while, and Kyle ate all of Grandma's snacks, but we enjoyed spending time there.
Tomorrow, although Aaron isn't working, he does have to take a class, so I am thinking that we just might have to walk down to a grassy area by our house, and play with a ball or something..... we will just have to see.
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!