Saturday, May 22, 2010

ANOTHER DAY IN THE ADVENTURES OF PARENTHOOD!!!


Today we were just hanging around the house doing a whole lot of nothing, so we decided to take the kids to the food court at the mall.

When we got to the mall, we noticed that a section of the parking lot was blocked off, and it was filled with a police helecopter, The comand van, a DUI Task Force van, a police notercycle, and there were several police, and fire vehicles near by in the parking lot. 

At first we wondered what the heck was going on at the mall, so I called my mom, and she told me that it was most likeley a safetey fair thing that she had heard about. So, once we found a parking space, we decided to go check it out!

Our first stop was at the motercycle in front of the DUI Task Force van.  The officer there invited our kids to sit on the motercycle, and Kyle was more than happy to do so!

Kenzie, on the other hand, DID NOT want to even touch the motercycle. 

Once we pried Kyle off of the bike, we headed over to the helicopter!

Again, Kyle LOVED it, and Kenzie would have NOTHING to do with it!

After that, we got to go inside the comand van...... I didn't take any pictures in there because honestly, there wasen't really much to take a picture of, it was really cool though!

We then headed toward the entrance of the mall, where we found SPARKY THE FIRE DOG!!!

We then headed inside to have lunch, where I learned something new about Kyle......

He eats his pizza crust first!!!  I don't know if I have ever met anyone else who does that! :)

After lunch, we headed back down stairs where they were doing a free child identifacation thing.  Unfortunately by the time we got there, most of the stations were already closed up, but there was one that was still open.  we were able to get a paper with a picture of Kyle with both of his thumb prints under it.  It also has a place to write a lot more information about him.  They tried to do one for Kenzie too, but she WOULD NOT let them take her picture, and her thumbs are still small for their thumb print machine. :(    We also got to see rattle snakes at the animal control station, and it was kinda creepy!

 If we had gotten there earlier, the kids would have gotten free stuff like fire hats, but we didn't, and I was fealing kinda bad about that.  We will have to try again next time. 

After that, we had to break a twenty dollar bill, and I was craving ice cream, so thats what we got!



Neadless to say, we hen took  them to the bathroom to wash up after that!

We than took them to the caresel!
They had TONS OF FUN, and ofcorse they wanted to go again, we convinced them that it would be fun to go to the "puppy store!

After the puppy store, we got in the car where both kids almost rell asleep.

but our day wasen't finished yet!  We then headed to the grocery store where Kyle tormented his little sister aomost the whole time.  Hey thats what big brothers do best right?!  We made it through the shopping, and at the check out counter, I left Aaron to pay for the groceries while I headed to the car to start buckleing the kids in their car seats. 

I was just finishing up Kenzie's car seat straps when Aaron arived at the car.  I was glad to see him because Kyle had crawled into the back seat of the van where his car seat IS NOT, and refused to move up to the middle seat!  While it is not impossable for me to cary him, and put him where he needs to be, it is MUCH esier for Aaron..... have I ever mentioned that Kle is over 4 feet tall, and weighs 75 pounds????  He is also VERY STRONG!!!  Also, keep in mind that he is ONLY FOUR YEARS OLD!!!

Any way, back to my story, we got Kyle buckled in, the groceries in the car, then Kyle says "OH NO, MY FLIP FLOP!"

We asked him where it was, and he said he put it on the "Santa Shelf in the store"  We had no clue what the Santa Shelf was  because there were no Christmas decorations in the store, so we first searched the car, ofcorse only coming up with ONE flip flop, so I started the air in the car while Aaron went back in to retrace our steps.  He came back THIRTY minutes later empty handed. 

Luckily, there is a Payless shoe store in the same plaza, so Kyle and I ran in there while Kenzie and Aaron waited in the car. 

LuckilyI was able to quickly find the exact same flip flops on sale!!!  I only had to pay $6.49 for them, WOO HOO!!!  I hated buying him new shoes after he had been kinda naughty in the store because I felt like I was rewarding him for bad behavior, but he has grown out of all his other shoes, so I didn't really have much of a choice..... he has to have a pair of shoes to wear! 

Kyle and I then headed back to the car, new flip flops on his feet, and than we headed home. 

I had origionally planned to make a home made pizza, well kind of home made pizza, but I was EXHAUSTED, so, we had ckicken nuggets heated in the microwave instead. 

The kids then enjoyed reading a bed time story with Daddy, and promptly fell asleep! 

We had a VERY LONG day, but I am glad that had the chance to have so much fun together today!!!




Oh yeah, here is a complete colection of the pictures I took today!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. When you talked about Kyle tormenting Kenzie.... I had flashbacks of me and Aaron :) Crazy!

    I'm glad you guys had such a fun family day though!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...