Motherhood is by far the hardest, yet most rewarding calling that anyone can have in life. It is a calling that requires your full attention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You are required to fulfill your duties weather you are feeling well, or sick. There are no sick days, vacation days, weekends, or holidays.
While you don't get payed for your service, the rewards for you service are far greater than any pay check.
Today...... well tonight has been one of those not so good days for me.
Although this is technically Aaron's weekend, he has been working some extra overtime to help cover a shift for another security guard who is unable to be at work right now.
So, while Aaron was upstairs getting ready for work, I gave each of the kids a sippy cup of milk, and started working in the kitchen. The next thing I knew, the tv made the static noise that it usually makes when Mackenzie unplugs the cable box from the wall. (one of her very favorite mischievous activities) So I hurried into the living room and found Mackenzie with her sippy cup upside down over the cable box, and she was shaking it. She told me she was watering the garden. I tried a few things, but nothing worked, looks like we will be making a trip to the cable store tomorrow to trade in our cable box.
This in it's self doesn't bother me because fact is, we have to trade in our cable box every few months because something happens to it. However, when Aaron is at work at night, I usually like to have the tv on because I am just more comfortable having that background noise. I tried to turn on a DVD, but something somewhere got unplugged or something, and since when it comes to technology I am as dumb as a box of rocks, that turned out to not be an option either.
So, I decided that the kids and I would try out the new smores maker that we got for Christmas. It was super easy, the kids had fun, and they were very yummy!!!! I took pictures, and I was going to write a blog about it.
I ended up having to run upstairs for a minute, and while I was up there, I heard Kyle start taking pictures. This didn't bother me because Kyle takes pictures all the time, and he is actually pretty good at it. Then I heard Kyle say "o oh" and the camera hit the dining room floor. My heart drooped. That is exactly how I broke our other camera.
So, I came down stairs, and sure enough, the lense won't close, and nothing will show up on the screen. I am going to have Aaron look at it, but I don't have very high hopes that it can be fixed.
So, for tonight I am letting the kids stay up extra late so that it's not totally silent at my house, I will probably be turning on my blog music, or else I will find one of my favorite radio stations online to listen too, because I have to have some noise. So, sorry Dana (friend next door) if it is too loud, just bang on the wall, and I will turn it down. :)
I am so glad that it is tax refund season..... because there is no way that i can live without a camera!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





Oh no!! not another camera!! if my point-n-shoot digi hadn't crapped out before christmas, i'dve given you that one :(
ReplyDelete