When we found out that Aaron is still getting too much sodium in his diet even though he is eating pretty healthy, I immediately turned to our mom's because I had NO IDEA of what Aaron is actually ALLOWED TO EAT!
Aaron's mom who is actually in nursing school, and just so happens to be studying the subjects that go along with Aaron's condition, started helping me research the subject. She has given me a lot of ideas already, and has told me that she is going to send me some recipes. This is very good because when I googled low/no sodium recupes, 99 percent of the recipes were for sweets! According to my search results, Aaron can pretty much have all the sweets he wants. I can't tell him that though because he will take it to heart, and then we will end up with a sugar problem as well :)
My mom went grocery shopping with me today. As soon as we got there, we started looking at the sodium content in MANY foods. I am absolutely SHOCKED at how much sodium is in most foods. Even diet foods, and foods that claim to be LOW, or NO sodium usually have A LOT OF SODIUM IN THEM!!! I was also surprised at some of the foods that I was sure would have A LOT of sodium, and they didn't have ANY AT ALL!
My mom is AMAZING!!! She came up with several recipes that I can make just by walking down isle after isle looking at food labels while I trailed behind feeling very overwhelmed, and grateful that I had my mommy there to help me!
And the best part of all is that she even helped me spend a few dollars less than I usually do!
I just want to say THANK YOU to BOTH OF OUR MOM'S!!! I am feeling a little more confident about all this now, and I think over the next few weeks I am going to get the hang of all this!!!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!