Today Aaron went to See the Cardiologist. His blood pressure has gone back up, and he is starting to get swelling in his legs. The doctor told him that he is NOT ALLOWED TO EAT ANYTHING THAT COMES IN A CAN because it has too much sodium for him. This is a problem for me because many of the foods that I make involve soups, or sauces that come in a can.
So, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good LOW SODIUM recipes that aren't too expensive to make! If anyone has any ideas, would you please share them with me??? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!
THANK YOU!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





Ryan's dad has to avoid sodium too (post heart attack) and just can't have that stuff - not spagetti sauce from a jar or soup from a can or anything. They eat a lot of fresh vegetables, steamed, and fish and whole grain things. Boring, but he's healthy! One great place to go is Trader Joe's (man I miss that place!). They have a lot of health-conscious foods for reasonable prices. I would explain your situation and see what products they might offer there.
ReplyDelete