Sunday, July 19, 2009

THIS IS HOW WE SPENT OUR SUNDAY

I woke up to the phone ringing just before 7:30 this morning. I was SHOCKED to realize that the kids had slept that late!

It was my mom wondering if I had any news. She was almost as shocked as I was when she found out that I was still sleeping! Normally the kids wake up between 5 and 6!

A few hours later, Aaron's mom arrived, and we went to church. I was pretty sure that the kids would be a little rowdy at church this week, but taking into consideration the fact that their lives have completely been turned upside down this week, I think that they did pretty well! We made it through Sacrament Meeting with the help of sippy cups, animal cookies, finger puppets, books, a crayon, and a colored pencil. Then Kenzie went to Nursery with Grandma, and I went to Primary Opening Exercises with Kyle.

He got a little rowdy near the end of it, so we went and sat out in the hallway right outside the door for the last couple of minutes. When it was time for Kyle to go to his class, I went in with him. I don't usually do this, but he has been having a very rough few days, and one of his teachers was gone today.

After a few minutes, the lady in our ward who always helps me with the kids came in to trade me places so that I could lead the music in Relief Society.

After church, I was told that Kyle had a GREAT time in Sunbeems! I also learned that Kenzie understands a little bit more about this whole situation than I thought she did.

One of the songs that they sang in Nursery today was "Happy Family" When they got to the part about Daddy, Kenzie started to cry. Then when they got to the part about the Grandma she went and cuddled on her Grandma's lap.

After church, we came home and ate Lunchables before heading to see Aaron at the hospital.

Kenzie fell asleep on the car ride over, and so I carried her all the way from the car all the way to Aaron's room. When we got there she was still asleep, and since Aaron was sitting in a chair, I laid her on his bed, and she stayed fast asleep. However, the second she heard Aaron's voice she was WIDE AWAKE!

The kids were SO EXCITED TO SEE DADDY!!!!! However, soon they got very restless, and Aaron had just learned that he is allowed to go wherever he wants on the floor where his room is, wo we went for a little family walk. I wish I had taken my camera with me because it was SO CUTE!!! Aaron was wearing his hospital gown, and a pair of pajama pants, and each of the kids had ahold of one of his hands. I was walking right behind them, and it was just the cutest picture ever!!!

When we got back to his room, we didn't stay very long because the kids got very interested in all of the buttons that could be pushed!..

When we got back home, the kids said goodbye to Grandma, and we sat around the house and rested for a while. While the kids were quietly watching T.V. I called Aaron to see how he was doing, and he sounded really board A little while after that, my mom called and asked me if I wanted to go and see Aaron again before putting the kids to bed, and I accepted. My brother Kyler came over to watch the kids, and I went back to the hospital with my mom and Kimber. We had lots of fun laughing and talking, and discussing baby names for Kimber's baby, and all too soon it was time to go. However, I am VERY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT AARON WILL PROBABLY BE ALLOWED TO COME HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!! Ofcorse the problem is not fixed yet, it will take a while for that to happen. But from here on out we will take it one step at a time. We are waiting on some test results that will take a few weeks, and in the meantime he will see his regular doctor to make sure everything stays at safe levels. When the test results come back, we will meet with the doctor who has been overseeing him at the hospital, and discuss our options based on those results. This process is nowhere near being over, and he is going to have to take it pretty easy for a while, but for now, I am just SO EXCITED that my hubby will be home with us where he is supposed to be!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...