Saturday, July 18, 2009

TODAY

This morning the kids woke up at around 6. This amazed me because Kenzie hardly EVER sleeps all the way through the night. I got them both changed (Kyle's potty training has been put on hold for now) and gave them both a Gogurt for breakfast.

I then spent a few minutes trying to clean up the house a little bit, and getting things ready for the kids to go and play at Grandma and Grandpa's for the day. I was on the phone with Aaron's mom when Kenzie climbed up onto her little princess seat, fell face first off of it and that caused her to throw up ALL of the contents of her stomach. That was fun to clean up!

After getting everyone cleaned up and dressed, we waited for Grandma and Grandpa! They arrived shortly after Ten, and we were off to the hospital!

When we got to Aaron's room, we found Aaron sitting up in a chair! He told us that the doctor had already been in to see him. He told him that once they can get him stabilized and KEEP him that way, he will get to come home!!!!! He will then be sent to a yet ANOTHER specialist who will take a certain kind of blood sample from each of 2 glands. This will tell them if it is the side with the mass, or the other side that is causing the problem. If it is the side with the mass they will operate. If it is the other side they are going to have to find something else such as other medications or something. They are pretty sure that it is the mass that is causing it all, but they want to be 100 percent sure before they operate because they don't want to do a surgery unless it will help him.

A few minutes after he told me all this, my aunt Jeri Lyn arrived to take me to lunch. She took me to this cool little Mexican restaurant where she knows the owner. The food was super yummy, and I really like the owner and his girlfriend because they told Jeri Lyn that I looked way too young to be married! She had to tell them my age, and that I wasn't only married, but I have 2 kids too! The fact that this surprised them made me feel quite good about myself! :)

We then headed to VF Factory Outlet. They had some back to school shopping to do, so I tagged along. When we got into the store that we wanted, I found an outfit for Kenzie on sale for $3.50 per piece. She needs summer clothes, so I got her a little T shirt and a pair of matching capri's! I then found Kyle a cute blue shirt that I think will look really nice on him. I think it will bring out his bright blue eyes! After looking around for a little while longer, we paid for our things, and headed back to the hospital.

When I got back to Aaron's room he was sleeping. So I quietly curled up in the not so comfortable chair next to his bed and started window shopping in the LTD catalog that my Aunt gave me to look at. After while (a long while) he woke up. We watched episode after episode of storm chasers on the discovery channel. We got to spend the whole afternoon together, and it was nice!

Around 5 I headed to the cafeteria to get some dinner. I have decided that I am going to write a paper on the differences in the different hospital cafeteria's, and then rate them. For example, this cafeteria didn't have chocolate pudding parfets, but they did have purple trays to carry your food on. :) Can you tell I am just a little tired?!

I took my dinner up to Aaron's room and he had just received his dinner as well. His was slightly more healthy than my pizza, soda, and candy bar. Aaron suddenly started laughing, and when I asked him what was so funny he said "who would have thought that it would take me being in the hospital to have a quiet dinner alone with you?" I started laughing then too. Although the setting wasn't ideal, we were kind of having a little date!

Soon after dinner, Grandma and Grandpa arrived with the kids. Kyle and Mackenzie were so excited to give Daddy the pictures that they had colored for him :) We then said our goodbyes for the day and headed out to Grandpa's truck. Kyle DID NOT want to leave his daddy. We were almost back to the parking garage when Kyle got away from Grandpa and ran I immediately chased after him, and it took me until he was almost inside the front doors of the hospital to catch him. It didn't help that I was wearing flip flops while running :)

When we got home, we we said our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa and then the kids went to bed. They had had a very busy and fun day so they were very tired!

Thank you to everyone who helped us out today, we really appreciate it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...