Tuesday, July 21, 2009

AARON IS HOME!!!!!

Yesterday at around 11 am Aaron called me. He said that one of the doctors had just come into his room and said that he should be going home within an hour to an hour and a half.

So, I gathered up some clean clothes for him, and made arrangements for my brother and cousins to watch my kids while my aunt went with me to the hospital.

We were almost to the hospital when I realized that I had forgotten the bag of Aaron's clothes, and we had to go all the way back.

When we got to the hospital, we sat for a very long time. Eventually Brenda and I went to the cafeteria to have some lunch because we were both getting pretty hungry. We then went back to Aaron's room and waited some more.

Finally sometime after 3 the nurse came in and told him that the doctor had finally said that Aaron could be released. She then said that it should take about 20 minutes for her to come back with all of the paper work.

Over an hour later she finally came back. Then she had to take the central line out of his neck. Then we had to go over all of the instructions. Finally he was allowed to get dressed, and soon we were on our way down to discharge.

We ended up getting home around 5, and the kids were so excited to see daddy!!! My mom had come over after work, and helped with the kids, and everyone quickly left when we got home.

We then got everyone ready, and we headed to the pharmacy to get all of his new prescriptions turned in. Aaron then made his appointment with his doctor, he will see him tomorrow. And now he is just trying to get a work release so that he can work. The doctor at the hospital told him that he can work, but he didn't put it anywhere in the paperwork.

Now I am just super tired! I was told that through all of this I was running on pure adrenaline, and that I would just drop when it was over. That is true!!! I slept until 8 this morning, and I don't feel like I have slept at all!Ofcorse it doesn't help that there was a VERY LOUD thunder storm that kept me awake for quite a while in the middle of the night!

Well, I guess thats just about it for now. Today we will have to go pick up all of those medications as soon as we can, but other than that we have a pretty boring day ahead of us. I am very grateful for that!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are all under one roof again, stink that it took so long to get him discharged! But yea you are all together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, discharges take so long!!! We waited hours for mine when we wanted to take hannah home. my doctor finally came at like 6pm and then we had to wait until like 9 until the nurse was finally ready to come in with all the paperwork and such. We were so mad because I didn't order dinner thinking we'd be gone by that time.

    Either way, I'm glad aaron is home with you guys! I hope he can work soon and I hope they can figure out the best way to solve this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good news! It is always better when they come home. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...