Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PLEASE PRAY FOR AARON!!!!!!

Yesterday Aaron went to the doctor to have a check up. In order to try and figure out what is causing his high blood pressure, the doctor ordered some blood tests. This morning we got a phone call from his doctor's partner saying that the lab had called and told him that his Potassium is at such a dangerously low level that he needed to be seen in the ER right away.

So we quickly got everyone ready, and packed the diaper bag, and dropped the kids off at my sister's house before heading to the hospital.

After checking in, we were quickly taken back so that Aaron could have some tests done. The tests showed that everything looks great except for his blood pressure, and potassium, which is weird because usually someone with such a low potassium level is having major health problems, and Aaron feels absolutely fine!

They decided to admit him, and he is now in the ICU with an IV of potassium, and being watched very closely.

Today the kids got to spend lots of time with my mom and siblings while I spent the day at the hospital with Aaron. Aaron's parents also happened to be close by tosay, so they came by to sisit for a while. Before they left, Aaron's mom took me to the caffeteria where I got a slice of pizza, a chocolate pudding cup, and some Gatorade. She also got Aaron a fruit bowl. I am so grateful for all of our family, they have been so helpful, and I really appreciate it!!!

Tomorrow I will spend my day going back and forth between home and the hospital while the kids will alternate spending time with me and Aunt Kimber who was more than happy to miss work to help me out! :)

Aaron will spend tomorrow having some tests done. They are trying to figure out what is causing this issue. This is very scarry to me, but I keep telling myself that this will help us figure out what is going on so that we can fix it. I am also trying to stay strong in front of our kids, and keep life as normal as poss able for them.

If everyone could please pray for us it would be greatly appreciated! I will let you all know if we find our anything new.

2 comments:

  1. How scary Courtney! I hope they figure it out and he has a quick recovery and gets out fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you googled low potassium levels but, I did and here is one of the articles I found. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/low_potassium/article_em.htm

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...