Last night when the kids and I got home we were all pretty tired. Kyle fell asleep, and Kenzie fell asleep in my arms while I was rocking her. So I got the kdis to bed and relaxed for a few minutes before heading to bed myself. When I decided to go to sleep I went in to make sure that the kids were still tucked in, and I noticed that Kenzie's diaper ha d leaked all over the bed, and her clothes. So I quickly got a new sheet, and successfully moved her to the floor without waking her up so that I could clean the plastic sheet cover, andand put the new sheet on. THAT IS WHEN IT ALL HIT ME!!! I realized that I was Oh SO VERY TIRED, and all I wanted was for Aaron to be here with me helping me where he is suposed to be. And then I started crying like a baby because I thought of my sweet hubby liying there in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out of EVERYWHERE wishing that I could do something to help him, and knowing that I am not able to do ANYTHING for him!
The crying didn't last for too long, and I was able to get some sleep, but it started up again as soon as I woke up. It didn't take me too long to get it under control though because I want everything to be AS NORMAL AS POSSABLE for our kids!!!
So I fixed some tosas for the kids, and I managed to eat 2 slices of toast myself (I haven't had much of an appetite) then soon after that my amazing little sister showed up with Jello!
We all ate our jello, that we got the kids ready and she took my grocery shopping. I was still having a hard time holding myself together, but it really helped to have someone there to talk to to keep my mond on other things.
We then drove to QT where Kimber bought each of us an icie! They were verry yummy :) And then she took us back home where she watched the kids while I put our groceries away.
Then it was time for me go go to visit Aaron at the hospital. So Kimber dropped me off and then she and David took care of our kids for yet another day of their crash course in parenting!
When I walked into Aaron's room, he already had news for me! First of all, they had him on a Nitro drip overnight and his blood preassure is almost perfect now!!!!!!!!! (This medicine is uaually used for people having a heart attack) He also told me that they got the results of the MRI that they did on his abdomen yesterday. They have found a toumer on one of his areries that is "mistly likely NOT cancerous" And is is secreeting hormones that are causing all of theese levels in his body to be so out of wack!!!
This will most likely require a surgery, and this particular surgery is not available at the hospital where he was admitted. So, this afternoon he was transfered by ambulance to another nearby hospital where a doctor (please don't ask me to spell his title, I can't even say it!) who speializes in hormones will talk to us and he will explain our options for treatment. If they remove this and it is infact what they thought it was, it "should" fix all of his blood preassure and potasium problems!!!!! WHICH MAY MEAN NO MORE SPINDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN MEDICATIONS EVERY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This new information scares me to death, but at the same time I am so relieved to fianally be getting some answers!!!I also feel really confident in the people who have been taking care of him! They have all been wonderful.
In other great news, Aaron has been demoted :) He is now in the Progressive Care Unit instead of the Intensive Care Unit!!!! Normally I don't celebrate demotions but this is way diferent!!!
Once Aaron was somewhat settled, we asked permission, and then we had Kimber and David bring the kids up to see Daddy before he got rehooked up to all of the scarry machines. These The only thing that I asked him to hide from them was the central line which is currently inserted into his neck. I have a really hard time looking at this.
Kyle was really excited to see Daddy, he ran right up and gave him a big hug! Then he realized aoo of the fun machines around him, and we had to keep moving him away from things. Kenzie was a little scared. The only tube (the she cold see) was oxigan, but she was a little scared. By the time that we left though, she gave Daddy a hug and a kiss goodbye. Aaron and the kids have missed eachother so much! They haven't seen eachother since Wednesday morning. Every time someone knocks on our door, the kids always think it's Daddy, and it breaks my heart every time!
I also want to take just a minute to thank Kimber and David! They have taken on the responsibillity of driving me EVERYWHERE, and taking care of my kids almost full time while David is trying to look for another job, and Kimber is pregnant and realing sick most of the time. Thank you guys!!! As soon as Aaron is better, we WILL take you out to dinner or something!!! And thank you to all of our family!!!My mom spent the first day and a half helping with the kids, and spending lots of time with Aaron and I at the hospital. Tomorrow, Kyle and Kenzie are going to get to spend much of the day with Grandma and Grandpa C. while I spend the time with Aaron. I will also get a chance to go out to lunch with my aunt Jeri Lyn and her girls. This will give me a chance to get away from the whole situation for a few minutes and just let me take care of myself for a second. I hope that didn't come out sounding selfish, but I haven't been taking very good care of myself for the past couple of days, and it is starting to wear on me a little.
Well, I have a pounding headache, and my kids are asleep now, so I will update you when I know more! Please ignore all of the miss spellings. I don't feel like spell checking this thing, I am just way too tired!!!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





YAY for an update!! I wish it didn't sound like such a scary one! I'm sure the doctors are taking very good care of him, though :)
ReplyDeletePLEASE let me know if you need anything!! I don't go into work until 5 tomorrow (saturday)...so don't hesitate to call if you need anything! I'll probably call in the morning, just to check :)
Wow - I'm glad Aaron is getting the help he needs. I hope it all goes well and he bounces back fast!
ReplyDeleteIs the specialist an endocrinologist? I hope that they get it our and that there is nothing but, good news from now on. Don't feel bad for needing a break, you are human, it's perfectly normal to need to get a breath in every once in a while. I hope that Aaron recovers quickly and that you can all be under one roof again!
ReplyDeleteYes that is what it is! Thanks Amanda :)
ReplyDelete