Sunday, July 5, 2009

FOURTH OF JULY

We went over to my mom's house to celebrate the 4th of July.

We had lots of yummy food, and then the kids had fun playing outside in the water!
However, they didn't quite get the concept of the little pool. They thought that it was fun to go get their feet all muddy and then run back to the pool to wash their feet off.

As a result, Kenzie fell down, and she looked so cute that we just had to get a picture!
After playing outside for a while, we all went back inside, and the kids got to eat some yummy cookies! By the time this picture was taken it was way past their bed time, and they were soooooo tired!


A church about a mile or so from my mom's house put on a fireworks show, so we went outside and watched them from the front yard. The kids LOVED the fireworks!!! Every time one would go off Kyle would say "POP, POP, POP!"
Here is Kyle sitting in the trunk of Aunt Kimber's car watching the fireworks!




Here is one of the fireworks. Although we could see and here them, it was just a little too far for the camera.
After the fireworks, we went back inside, and ate the brownies that I brought. And it was pretty funny because Kenzie LOVED the chocolate, and I think the combination of sugar, and lack of sleep was getting to her. She would take a bite of brownie, and then she would run from one end of the Living room, and throw herself at my sister as hard as she could. Then she would come and eat some more brownie, and repeat it over and over.
Soon it was time to go home. Normally it takes me at least an hour to get Kenzie to go to sleep, but last night she fell asleep less than 5 minutes after I put her in her bed! IT WAS GREAT!!!




2 comments:

  1. Isn't the 4th GREAT? Your kids look like they had a blast. Was Kyle naked in Kimber's trunk? Is the picture of the firework a fire ball? I do miss Central Christian's fireworks, they were always nice. I loved not having to sit in the 100+ degree weather, the weather couldn't have been better this year. It rained all day until about 7pm, it doesn't get dark till after 9pm so there was a little time for the ground to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Kyle was not naked in Kimber's trunk, he had a pull up on. LOL And the firework wasen't a fire ball, it was actually the finalle, it was just reall short, and it ended before I could get a b etter picture of it. And Unfortunately Central Christian didn't do their usual fire work show this year. This was at the church just a little bit North East of us with the three domes, it's kinda by our Stake Center.

    I am glad that you guys got to have nice weather, I LOVE the rain, and I wish that it would rain more here!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...