So, Yesterday when my brother in law David called out of the blue, this is how our conversation went.
Me: Hello?
David: Hey Corks, what are you guys doing right now?
Me: Well actually I am sitting on the couch in my pajamas eating chips.
David: Well, Me and Kyler bought a slip n' slide, and we don't want to look gay playing on it by ourselves, so we were wondering if the kids want to come to the park and play on it with us.
Me: Sure, I know the kids would love that!
So, we got ready, and headed to the re tension basin a couple streets away.
When we got there, I wondered how he planned to make it work without running water, but I didn't ant to hurt his feelings, so I set everything down, and watched.
They sat Kenzie on it, and ofcorse she didn't move because the sun was evaporating the water as soon as it was dumped on it. My brother tried to pull her along the slide to the bottom of the little hill, and she HATED every second of it! Kyle had lots of fun trying to go down, but he wasn't very successful.
While Uncle David was getting everything set up, the kids had fun playing inside the house where Uncle Clint blew bubbles for them to pop!
Then it was ready, and Uncle David had lots of fun playing with them! Kyle LOVED IT IMMEDIATELY, while it took Kenzie a little while to warm up to the idea of continually being splashed.
When it was time to put everything away, we had a head time getting the kids away from the water, but eventually we got them in the house. Kenzie wandered around getting into everything that she could find, and Kyle sat in the ice chest that had just recently been emptied after the camping trip.
Then the kids got to see Grandpa who came by to pick up my brothers and David, the kids don't get to see Grandpa very often, so they were very excited to see him!





That is hilarious that your brothers needed the kids to play, LOL! I am glad that they all got it figured out, had fun and wore themselves out. Yea, for Kenzie sleeping through the night, Grace is going through the same deal. I do think that I am getting more sleep than you because I just ignore her but, sleep is best uninterrupted.
ReplyDelete