Wednesday, July 1, 2009

5 YEARS AGO TODAY (part 2)

5 years ago today Aaron rode the city bus for 4 hours to make it to my house in time to see me for a couple of hours between my 2 shifts at the day care center. He wanted me to have my engagement ring before I left for a week long vacation that night after work.

5 years ago today, Aaron and I walked to McDonald's to have lunch together I knew that he had a ring in his pocket, and I was sure that he would propose some time on the walk to or from the restaurant while we had some time to ourselves, but he didn't.

5 years ago today Aaron & I sat in my living room with my mom and all of my siblings, and I watched the time come closer, and closer for my next shift at work to start, and I wondered "When does this boy plan to propose? If he is planning on doing it today, time is kinda running out!"

5 years ago today, my mom took me back to work for my 2nd shift of the day, and Aaron came along for the ride so that he could be dropped off at the bus stop afterward so that he could go back home.

5 years ago today my Aaron got out of the car with me and headed to the door of the day care center with me, and I wondered if he was planning to propose inside my work!

5 years ago today Aaron steered me just to the left of the entrance of my work, so that there was a brick wall between my family and us, and a little bit of a corner between us and my coworkers who saw everything and ran to spy on us!

5 years ago today Aaron got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife!

5 years ago today I said yes, and held out my left hand which was shaking so hard that I am surprised that he was actually able to put the ring on my finger!

5 years ago today I kissed Aaron goodbye knowing that I wouldn't see him for a week, then he headed back to my mom's truck.

5 years ago today, I hurried to the front door of the day care center which was always locked on the outside, only to see my friends and coworkers Jennifer L& Stephanie running away from the door because they didn't want me to know that they were spying on me. The eventually had to come back though because they had to let me inside.

5 years ago today, I sat staring at my ring for my entire second shift of the day, trying hard to concentrate on my job, but much more interested in planning my wedding than working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...