Sunday morning began in quite a rush. I was supposed to be to Aaron's parent's house by 8:00 in the morning, and since it is a bit of a drive to get there I had planned on waking up around 5 so that I would have lots of time to get everyone ready.
Well, to make a long story short, I ended up remembering that I had some laundry to do, and Kenzie did not sleep well at all, and by the time I finally got her to stay asleep, it was about 3 in the morning.
The next thing I knew, the phone was ringing. It was my mom telling me that she was here at my house to pick me up. I couldn't believe that I had over slept. I jumped out of bed, and let my mom and sister in, and got right to work. I threw the kids clothes to my mom, and she and Kimber got them ready while I got dressed, and tried to make myself somewhat presentable in about 2 minutes. They also got my diaper bag ready for me! THANKS GUYS!!!
Soon we headed out the door, we had to get 2 kids, a diaper bag, and 2 car seats down the stairs, and into the car as quickly as possible. It took a couple of minutes, but before long we were on our way.
Despite the fact that I slept in 2 hours late, we ended up getting there on time!
My mom & Kimber helped me got all of our stuff out of the car, and then they headed back home while I took the kids back into the house. It only took a few minutes, and then we strapped the kids car seats into Aaron's Dad's truck, and we headed to church.
It was our niece Hanna's Blessing Day, she looked so pretty, and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing!
The kids did pretty well during Sacrament Meeting! Kyle started to get a little restless a couple minutes before the closing song, but over all they did very well!
After the Meeting was over, we were headed back out to the car when Kyle met one of Alicia's friends, and I think that he has gotten his first crush! :)
We quickly went back to Aaron's parents house, and everyone got things ready for brunch while I tried to keep track of two kids who ofcorse wanted to go to 2 opposite ends of the house. At one point, Kyle's pullup exploded all over the floor of Aaron's parents bedroom, but we survived!
Soon after that, everyone had arrived for brunch (except for Aaron who was still at work). We had Breakfast Casserole, Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit, and Juice, it was very yummy!!! At first I couldn't get Kyle to eat, I sat his plate down next to Kenzie, but he wanted NOTHING to do with it! Then his new friend that he was flirting with after Sacrament Meeting walked in, and that all changed very quickly!
She got herself a plate of food, and sat down across from Kenzie, and suddenly Kyle was very interested in being at the table! He actually tried to eat off of her plate! So I pointed out that he should eat off of his own plate because it had the exact same stuff on it. He said "NO!" Then I realized that there was an empty chair next to Alicia's friend, so I pushed Kyle's plate across the table to the place in front of the empty chair. He quickly sat down and started to eat! He kept looking at her the whole time, and smiling, and the answer to every question she asked him was "YES!" I've never seen him act like that around a girl before, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!
Kyle also had lots of fun talking to Ryan's mom and sister's, and at one point he even got brave and gave one of Ryan's sisters a kiss on the cheek! :)
After a while, Aaron got off of work, and was finally able to come over and join the rest of the family!
Soon after that, all of their friends, and Ryan's family left, and we stayed a little while longer so that Aaron could spend a little with the family. He wanted to see his grandma, who would be heading home to Washington in a couple of days, and his sister Alicia, and her family who are moving to Alabama for 6 months.
It was a very busy day, and it got a little hectic at times, but we had lots of fun, and we are so glad that we got to spend so much time with the members of our family who we don't get to see as often as we would like to.
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





wait, Alicia & Ryan are moving to Alabama for 6 months? Why?
ReplyDeleteBecause Ryan got a job there selling security systems. He has actually been there for the last 3 weeks while Alicia and Hannah stayed at Aaron's parents house. Ryan just came home for the weekend, and to move all of their stuff. Alicia and Hannah will be flying out tomorrow.
ReplyDelete