Friday, May 22, 2009

CONGRADULATIONS KYLER PART 2 (Thursday)

My baby brother Kyler graduated from high school yesterday May 21st.!!! Now I want to pause right here for a second and mention that he graduated with a broken knee! You might be wondering why I might think that this is important to add. Well let me tell you why. My family is very accident prone, and 2 years earlier, my sister graduated on crutches!

I had spent the past couple of days trying to decide if we should even go to this graduation because Kyle gets very sick in the heat, many times it has made him throw up. This was a concern because it was going to be held outside, and lets face it, it is May in Arizona, EVERYONE knows that it is hot here!!! So I talked to my mom, and she told me not to risk it, she said that Kyler would understand.

Well, the day came, and it was overcast all day, and there were supposed to be light rain showers off and on. This made me happy because it meant that it would be cool enough for Kyle to be outside! So I got plenty of water and Gatorade and made sure that it was very cold for the kids.

When it was time to get everyone ready, I peeked outside, and noticed that it was MUCH colder than I had expected! So I quickly exchanged Kyles basket ball shorts and T shirt, and Kenzie's little summer dress for jeans, long sleeved shirts, and sweat shirts over the top. I then gathered up as many blankets as I could find, put our snacks in the diaper bag, and we were off.

When we steeped out the door, it was just sprinkling a little, but as soon as we started getting the kids buckled into the van it really started to rain!

Here is how my family looked before we arrived.
It ended up raining the ENTIRE time that we were outside!


Kyle was pretty good about keeping himself covered up, he only took his hood off of his head when it was only sprinkling.
someone brought some glow sticks, and both kids had lots of fun playing with them! However most of Kenzie's fun with them came from droping them through the cracks in the bleachers onto the ground far below us.

Now Keeping Kenzie as dry as passable was another matter entirely! The sweat shirt that I had grabbed for her did not have a hood, so we tried sitting her under the umbrella with my mom, and she didn't like that, we tried sitting her on Daddy's lap wrapped in a blanket, she didn't want that, we tried the exact same thing on Uncle Dav's lap, and she didn't want that either. In the end, she only wanted my dad, and she did NOT want anything over her head!!!
We were not able to get any pictures of Kyler during the processional, or when he got his diploma because they turned out too dark, but let me just tell you that I think we embarrassed him! When his name was called, about 8 people stood up with air horns, and 3 of them were the giant ones! We were the loudest group there by far!!!
After graduation was over, Kyler came up into the bleachers to meet us. Some people distracted him by handing him all of his graduation gifts while others surrounded him holding cans of silly string.


THEN THEY GOT HIM!!!

Kyler had a graduation party to go to so we gave him hugs, and headed for the van. My dad walked with us since Kenzie would not let him go, and we quickly got them buckled into the warm dry car. As soon as Aaron got in, he cranked up the heater full blast! Who would have thought that we would be freezing our butts off in the middle of May in the valley of the Sun! Even funnier still, this is the second year in a row that it has rained on Graduation night!
It is a little over a mile from the high school to our apartment, but both kids were fast asleep before we even got to our neighborhood.
When we got home Kenzie fussed a little when I started pealing off her soaking wet jeans and sweat shirt, but she didn't wake up, so I wrapped her in a warm blanket, and put her to bed.
Kyle was still upset because he was cold, so Aaron gave him a nice warm bath, and he was much happier when he went to bed.
CONGRATULATIONS KYLER!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!






1 comment:

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...