Saturday, March 7, 2009

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER RIGHT?

Last night was my cousin Caden's 4th. birthday party. (Yes you read that right. I have a cousin who is just a few months older than my son.)


The party was supposed to start at 6:00 PM. So, Knowing that we might have a hard time finding it as we always do, started getting the kids ready at 5 so that we could be out the door by 5:30.

We drove down to where we thought the house was, and it wasn't there. We tried street, after street, after street, but it was gone! It was so frustrating!!!


Before long it was after 6:00, and we still had no clue where we were supposed to go. So we drove all the way back home to call someone to find out exactly where to go. (I really wish we had a celphone, it would have been so much easier and faster!)


We pulled up in front of our apartment, and upstairs to call while he stayed in the car with the kids. I first tried to call my mom, but she didn't answer, so then I called my sister, and luckily she answered quickly. She soon informed me that we were a mile west of where we were supposed to be. I felt so stupid!!!


I quickly wrote down my sister's directions, read them back to her to make sure that I had them right, and then I headed back to the van.


When I got there, Kyle was asleep, and Kenzie was crying because she wanted out of her car seat.


We finally made it! It was a little after 6:30 when we got there. I know that Caden got a new bike for his birthday, but other than that, I have absolutely no idea. But the cake and homemade ice cream was very yummy, and I am glad that we were at least able to be there for that!


Before long it was time for everyone to go. On her way out the door, my Aunt Tammy told me that she still had a birthday gift for each of our kids since she had not been able to make it to their party in November. So, Aaron headed out to their car to get them while I got everything ready for us to go home.


Once we got home, the kids got to open their birthday presents.



They LOVED them! Thank you Uncle Duane & Aunt Tammy!
Caden, we are so sorry that we missed most of your party, and we hope that you had a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!



2 comments:

  1. That picture of Kenzie is adorable! I can't wait to see them on Thursday! What time are you guys bringing them over???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I will have to call your mom sometime this weekaso we can decide what time is best.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...