This is what my grandparents woke up to this morning thanks to the stupid Wallow fire. The picture was taken by my uncle's mom who lives right next door. Right now they are in no danger from the fire there, there is just smoke so thick that they can't see beyond the wash that is right behind their house.
I learned last night that the fire had taken out the Big Lake lookout tower. I can remember hiking to this tower as a little girl with my aunts. I can't believe it's gone. We do have a small glimmer of hope though. The lookout tower is a couple miles to the other side of the lake from the camp grounds. There is a small chance that the fire could have missed the camping area! I know it's a long shot, but this is our place, and it really feals like a piece of home is burning!
I learned this morning that the fire has grown to 140 thousand acers, and it is now the third largest fire in Arizona's history. It is just so so sad!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!