Friday, June 3, 2011

MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD MIGHT BE GONE :(

This is where my family has gone camping every single summer for the past .... well for a whole lot of yoars!  They have been going since way before I was born. 

The last time that I got to go camping there was before I got married more than 6 years ago. We did go once for about 2 hours when Kenzie was 6 months old, but that is the most that I have seen of the place in a really long time. 

This year the kids and I were fianally going to get to go!  I have been telling the kids about all of the fun things that we will get to do, and they ask me every day if we are going to go camping yet. 

Well, I haven't had the heart to tell the kids, but we might not get to go there after all because this is what that area looks like right now thanks to the Wallow fire

 Right now we don't exactly know if our favorite place to camp has been burned or not, but we have read one report that it was within 1 mile of our favorite lake. 

If our favorite place does infact burn down, we will ofcourse find somewhere else to go, but it will be very very sad because it is our family tradition to go there every single year without fail!

Right now this fire is the 4th. largest fire in Arizona's history.  They say that the plume of smoke can be seen from over 200 miles away. 

My uncle's mom took this picture from her back yard in St. Johns.

I also feel so bad for all of the people who have been evacuated from their homes.  I just can't even imagine what that feels like to watch all of the news coverage and wonder if your house is still standing.  I will definately be praying for all of those who are up there around the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...