Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOTHERS DAY 2011!

Mother's day started for me with the kids and I sitting around the kitchen table enjoying bowls of genaric LuckyCharms for breakfast. 

After breakfast the kids were so excited to give me my Mother's Day gifts!  Kyle gave me a really pretty green shirt, the color reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and I love it!  Kenzie gave me a neclace and earings set, and some bracelents that go with the new shirt and skirt that I recently bought for church.  She also gave me a delicious chocolate bar!  I love her gift too! 

A little while later we headed off to church. Sacrament Meeting had some really good talks, and after it was over Kyle and Kenzie went up on the stage with the rest of the Primary kids to sing to the mom's while the Priests and Laurels handed little presents out to all the mom's.  I wasn't quite sure what they were at first, but I later found that they were little homemade cakeballs on a stick.  Attached to it was a quote by Sherri Dew. 

During Gospel Docterine Kenzie was brought to me because she just wouldn't stop crying.  I later learned that her very favorite teacher wasn't there today, and she was very sad about that.  So we hung out in her classroom and waited for the rest of the Sunbeams to show up for what she calls "the little class"  After that she did great! 

Relief Society was great!  The teacher who taught today always gives awesome lessons! 

After church the kids teachers told me that they had dome a great job, and that made me really happy so they each got to have a treat when we got home.  Both kids also had little presents for me from Primary.  Kyle's was a little sucker with a flower around the stem and a quote that said "If Mother's were flowers then I'd pick you"  And Kenzie gave me a pincil that was decorated like a cute little flower. 

Once we got home, we gave my mom her gifts then we just hung out and relaxed for a while.  Before long it was dinner time, so we quickly ate, then we headed over to each of our grandma's houses where we wpent a little time visiting. My Grandma had a little treat for us, and my Grandma M shared some of her chocolates with us. 

After a while it was time to head home, and we got home just in time to put the kids to bed.  I think my very favorite part of Mother's day was how excited my kids were to constantly give me hugs and kisses, and tell me "happy Mothers Day", and tell me how much they love me!  I love being a mom! 

I would also like to take just a second to say THANK YOU to my mom, and  to all of the other mother's who have been a huge suport in my life!  You have all been so wonderful and helpful to me, and I would not be where I am today with out your suport!  I love you all!!!  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...