Those of you who know mackenzie know that she has an attitude that far surpasses her aunt Kimber. And those of you who knew Kimber as a little girl with her red headed attitude know that thats saying a lot! Kimber calls her a diva, and I think thats a pretty accurate description. Mackenzie is 3 going on 16, and she pretty much thinks that she rules the world! :) I love my little girl to pieces, and I am so proud to be her mom.
Mackenzie is not afraid to say anything to anyone, and one of these days her mouth just micht get me into trouble! The purpose of this post is to write these things down so that I don't forget them.... and mabye show them to her when she is older. :)
#1. My mom's home teachers came over oneSunday afternoon. They are a husband and wife team, and I have known them for years! They would do anything for anyone, and they are just some of the nicest people that I have ever known! Well the husband happens to be a pretty big guy. When he walked through the door Mackenzie yells "Are you Humpty Dumpty?!" Luckily he is hard of hearing, so he asked her to prpeat the question. I was glad that he didn't hear her, but his wife told him what she had asked. This went on periodicly through the lesson, and then once they were headed out the door she yelled big and loud "BYE HUMPTY DUMPTY!" I was so embarressed, I just wanted to crawl in a hole and hide!
#2. We were at the grocery store and the isle was pretty crowded. I parked my basket with Kenzie sitting in the seat and stepped just across the isle to grab a can of soup. The next thing I heard was "Hi My name is Kenzie,Do you go to church?" I quickly walked back across the isle before Kenzie got too deep into her questioning. As I did so the lady said "Yes I go to church." Then I started to push our cart away, but not before Kenzie got one more question out "Is it the new church?" To this the lady responded "Well it's kind of a new chruch." I then quickly appoligized, and headed down the next isle.
#3. We were taking a walk around the neighborhood, and there was a guy working in his front yard without a shirt on. I could tell she was about to say something so we sped up the pace, but I Just couldn't get her out of there fast enough. Before I could stop her she yelled "Hey boy, why are you naked?" He didn't respond, he just walked into his house.
#4. We were in the sting ray petting zoo at the zoo. One of the workers happened to be a black guy. She was having lots of fun while he was showing her and Kyle how to put their hands in the water, and all of a sudden she turns to him and asks "Why are you brown?" I was really nervous that this time her mouth would get me in trouble, but luckily he was really nice about it and just said "Just because thats the way that I was made." This I am so glad thet he was understanding.
#5. This has actually happened a couple of diferent times. Whenever she sees a pregnant woman she just can't seam to help herself, and she always asks "Do you have a baby in your tummy? Luckily so far everyone that she has asked has actually been pregnant, but I am afraid that one of these days she is going to ask someone who is not.
Out of all of these it was number 4 that was the most embarressing to me. We always have talks about how we only say nice things to people, but she is just a girl who speaks her mind.. So until she is older I guess we will continue to have those little talks, and she will continue to say those little things that make me want to hide. I love my little girl, and as embarressing as these things are, I do have to admit that they make me maugh!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





Those were so funny! I'm sure they're so embarrassing, but you have to love that about her too. Yeah, her mouth will get her into trouble, but it will probably mean that not as many people will pick on her, because she's perfectly capable of holding her own (as long as she's not the one picking on others ;o)
ReplyDelete