Tuesday, April 19, 2011

OUR VERY FIRST TRIP TO THE ZOO!

On Friday April 8th the kids and I were invited to go to the zoo with Kimber and David. I hadn't been to the zoo since I was pretty young, and the closest thing to a zoo that Kle and Mackenzie had ever seen was a pet store, so we were all pretty excited.


Once we got out tickets into the zoo the first animals that we went to see were the giraffes. I think that they were my favorites!
Photobucket

Photobucket

These guys were also in the same place as the giraffes.


Next it was off to see the zebras which are Kimber's favorite!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Next it was off to see these gus!
Photobucket
Next we stopped by the baboons, and it was lunch time for them. It was really fun to watch them eat. The kids favorite thing about them is that they have pink bums.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Right next door were the monkeys with the painted faces.
Photobucket
Next we saw the rhino, and it was sick and under medical observation. It didn't move all day.
Photobucket
next were the camels, and the thing that the kids remember most about them is that they are stinky.
Photobucket
Then we stopped to have lunch.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After lunch we got to walk inside a monkey cage right with them! It was really cool to be so close to them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then we saw a really pretty red bird
Photobucket
Then it was off to see the super lizard.... Kenzie had fun riding the statue outside of the exhibit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We fianally came to the elephant! Kyle had been asking to see the elephant ALL DAY! He later told me that it was his favorite part of the zoo!Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next was the tucan, and I decided that he has the best home in the zoo because it is nice and shady.
Photobucket
You see this turtle? The picture dosn't do it justice.... it is HUGE!!!
Photobucket
Next we walked across this little wooden bridge that put us out in the middle of a little lake. I actually remember this bridge from when I went on a field trip to the zoo when I was in elementry school a long time ago. :)
Photobucket
This bird had nothing holding it there, it just stayed there.
Photobucket
Next was the tiger....Kenzie said it looked at her.
Photobucket
Then we saw the lions but they were asleep.
Photobucket
Then we saw what Kimbercalled the Pumpa pigs, but they were asleep too.
Photobucket
Then we went to the sting ray petting zoo
Photobucket
Kenzie was VERY BRAVE, and Kyle was a little scared at first  This was Kenzie's very favorite part of the zoo!
Photobucket
Slade just wanted to go swimming
Photobucket
I was perfectly content not touching one, but Kimber made me, and the whole place knew when I did because I squealed.Photobucket
Last of all we saw a turkey
Photobucket
At the end of the day we were all very tired, but we had a very fun day, and we can't wait to go back again some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...