Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER 2011

I wanted to make sure that I was awake to take pictures of the kids when they first saw their Easter baskents on Easter morning.  Since my kids often wake up pretty early, and my room is farther from the Living room than theirs is, this meant that I had to set my alarm for 5 AM to make sure that I was awake before they were.  But ofcourse since I made sure that I was the first one awake, this was the ONE day that they chose to sleep in until almost 7.  :)

When they fianally woke up, they were very excited to see what the Easter Bunny had brought for them!
Kyle had tons of fun just going through his basket!
With every single thing that Kenzie pulled out she would say "The easter Bunny made this for me?!  Oh he shouldn't have!"
After going through what the Easter Bunny had brought for them, they had lots of fun finding the easter eggs that he had hidden for them!
They had lots of fun playing all morning!
Pretty soon it was time to get ready for church and they were so excited to fianally get to wear their new clothes! 
Church was great!  My mom had all of her kids and grandkids there with her for the first time in a long time!  We took up an entire row, and she loved it!

When I took the kids to their Primary classes Kyle sat in his row very reverantly, and Kenzie cried at the beginning because she was sad that she couldn't find any of her friends, but thats when her very favorite teacher walked up, and suddenly all was right with the world!  When I picked them up at the end of church both of their teachers said that they did great, and this made me very happy, I think they are fianally starting to get used to their new primary classes!

After church we headed over to our old ward building where my sister in law took some family pictures of the kids and I!  The kids would not really cooperate, but I am hoping that we can get at least a couple where they are smiling.

As soon as we were finished with our pictures we headed back home where the kids got to change into play clothes, and then it was off to my grandma and grandpa's house for dinner! 

Dinner was delicious, we  had  potatoes, ham, green beans, and rolls. My mom had tried a new recipe for the glaze on the ham and it was so yummy! 

After dinner we just hung out for a while.  Kenzie had gone into the toy room and found her favorite dress up outfit, then Kimber played her favorite song on David's celphone, and she danced for everyone. 

Shortly my Aunt Pam called.  They are in town from Utah, and she wanted to arange a time to get together.  So, we all headed over to my other grandparents house where  we enjoyed talking and catching up for a little while. 

My uncle Daren and his family also ended up stopping by, and it was really nice to see so much of our family... it's too bad that most of this side of our family lives so far away.  I wish that we could see everyone more.

Too soon it was time to get home, and we were sent home with a cookie for each one of us, and a half eaten bag of frito's.  Those of you who have been to my granparents house know that you NEVER leave there without taking some sort of food with you!:) 

Once we were home it took a couple of minutes, but once the kids were in bed they went to sleep quite easily which made me happy!  I actually got to bed at a decent hour which very rarely happens! 

We had a wonderful Easter, and we hope that all of youdid too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...