Friday, February 4, 2011

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

We have been spoiled around here this winter.... well we usually always are.  But we pay for it later, because our extreme temperatures happen in the summertime.  However, lately we have had our fair share of cold temperatures. 

I know that our weather is quite mild compared to what some of our family members are experienceing right now. 

My cousin Michelle recently experienced her first ice storm:

And my cousin Britney was recently snowed in.  This was right by her front door..... It was halfway up her ghigh!
Luckily she had a kind neighbor who cleared the lane to her house!
Our weather has been nothing like that, but it has been VERY, VERY COLD!  I'm talking about the low 20's COLD!  The fountains at Kimber's appartment complex were FROZEN!  I was so sad that I didn't have my camera with me, but here is another frozen fountain in the valley from that same day!
We went grocery shopping that day, and to be perfectly honist, I had NO DESIRE to be out in that cold weather any more than I had to!  So we spent the day inside. 

First we watched 2 of the kids favorite TV shows!
Then we played 7 games!
During the last game, the kids started getting a little wiggly, so we stopped and baked a treat together!
The cookies smelled so yummy while they were baking, and I LOVED how the oven warmed the house up!

The kids waited as patiently as they could, and they were so excited when they FIANALLY got to have a cookie and chocolate milk!
It was at this point that I realized that there was a cold breeze blowing in around the closed door.... since I don't exactly have the ability to drive myself to the store to buy new weather stripping, nor do I know how to put the stupid stuff on the door, so I settled for covering the door up with a few blankets. :)
I then fixed dinner.... one of my kids favorites, which they affectionately call "Pizza Noodles"!

Again, it was so nice for the oven to help heat up the house! 

We then watched 2 movies.  


Fianally   it was time for family scriptures.  This is actually one of our kids favorite parts of the day!  It is so cute... niether of them can read ofcorse, but they love to sit and look at the Scriptures while I read to them!  And ofcourse on the days that we are lucky enough to have Aaron home with us, he jouns in too!
Then it was time for bed!

It is still cold around here, but it has been slowly warming up!  it is suposed to warm into the 70's sometime soon, and I have high hopes that we will be able to go outside and play soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy it while you can Courtney! When they get older they don't want to do anything with you!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...