You might remember this from a couple of weeks ago.
Tonight we had our first dayte, and it turned out to be a lot of fun!
The clue that I gave to Aaron about this date was this
First I had to ger everything ready. Last night, once the kids were asleep, and Aaron was still at work I put all of the things for our date together, and hid them in random places around the living room and kitchen.
This morning Aaron was sweet enough to wake up with the kids, so once I woke up I gave him this
It is pretty much an invitation to our date.
This afternoon I got all dressed up, just like I would if we had gone out somewhere, and once my sister dropped by to pick up the kids, it was time for our date to start!
since this is our sixth wedding anniversary, we had six parts to our date.
Our date was based on the poem
I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be
I changed the wording a little though.
For the forst part of our date I gave Aaron this...
Just in case anyone reading this dosen't know what this is, it's apple cider in a fancy bottle. We don't drink.
It has been a tradition since our first anniversary to drink apple cider every year!
This sign on it said:
I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
For now and forever
My taste Tester you'll be
Our activity for this part of the date was to make dinner and desert together.
We made Chicken Parmesan
and brownies!
While we were waiting for our food to cook we just hung out and enjoyed our nice quiet house.
Once we were finished eating our dinner it was time for part 2 of our date where I gave Aaron this...
When we first started dating, and still getting to know each other, we used to go on lots of walks around the neighborhood, so that is exactly what we did for this part of our date!
When we got home it was time for part 3 of our date where I gave him this:
The bags were filled with diferent kinds of candy, mostly chocolate, that we both like!
For part 4 of our date I gave this to Aaron:
Thr rule for these journals is that I will cary the blue one, and Aaron will cary the pink one. We have to write something to each other at least once a week. Some pages have journal starters to help get the entries started, and some of the pages are blank. At a later date we will exchange them back, and we will get to see what the other had to say!
For the 5th part of our date I gave Aaron this:
For this part of the date I prepared this little play list...
and we danced in the living room to these three songs that remind me of Aaron. T first one is one of Aaron's very favorite songs, and the other two are songs that we used to listen to standing outside his car on the curb outside my house after our dates. He even sang them to me. :)
Next came the 6th and final part of our date where I gave him this:
For this part of the date we watched this:
I was a little nervous about what Aaron would think of this date because it is very diferent from any date we have ever gone on, but he says that he really enjoyed it, and I had fun too!
Now I get to start working on our date for next month!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





Courtany...
ReplyDeleteI'm Carmel's mom...you're one of my game friends so I get to see what you write on face book.
I just read about your date....and it was awesome!
I bet it was worth all the work you put in to it too. Marriage is fantastic isn't it !!
Courtney, that is such a great idea. I love it! (and I may have to steal it. Ernie and I don't have a babysitter, so we rarely get date nights)
ReplyDeleteAnd that dinner looks delicious.
Courtney you are are so creative!!! That was so cute!
ReplyDelete