Wednesday, December 29, 2010

CHRISTMAS

Christmas is honestly the busiest day of the year for our little family, but we like it that way, and we always have tons of fun! 

The fun started on Christmas Eve! 

During the day the kids and I baked cookies for Santa, and we had lots of fun tracking Santa all day on line!  The kids thought that it was so much fun to see how Santa was moving closer to our house! 

That night we had our annual Christmas Eve party at my grandparents house!

It started out with the manger scene.  The manger is set up on a bable, and beside the table are small gift bags, one for each unmarried grand child, and great grand child.  Each bag contains a piece to the manger scene.  Then as Grandma reads the story from Luke the scene is slowly built as each character is named in the story.  It is lots of fun every year!

Then it was time for tallents!  I didn't get pictures of all of them, but they were ally great!  Here is my cousin Jessica playing her harp!
I sang a funny song to the tune of a song that I love to sing, I had Kimber video tape it, but for some reason my blog dosn't like it, so it will be on facebook soon if you want to see it there. 

Once I sang my song, Kyle decided that he wanted to sing a song too.


Kenzie started to sing a song too, but then she got shy and ran to my mom
Grandpa's hat was his tallent!  When he pushed a button the antlers started moving, and it sing "'Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer"
We also played a fun 12 days of Christmas game where We number off into 12 groups, and each group is one of the days of Christmas.  As we sing the song each group has to do an action to go along with their day. 

Then it was time for eggnog and treats, and just visiting for a few minutes before heading home.  This is when I got this cute pictuur of Slade!
We then headed to my mom's house where we each got to open our traditional Christmas Eve presents.  This hear we each got super soft blankets!

My mom then drove us home because Aaron was at work.  The kids and I then picked up the Living room so that Santa would actually want to come to our house while we waited for Aaron to get home from work. 

It wasn't too long before he got home and then we got to get our won Christmas traditions started!

First the kids got to open their Christmas Eve PJs!

They were very excited about their jammies!
Next it was time to get ready for Santa's arival!  First we left food for the reindeer in our front yard!
Then we wrote Santa a little note.....
..... put some cookies on a plate, and filled a cup with milk, and left them all on a chair by the Christmas tree!
Then it was time for bed!!!

In the morning we found this!


We spent a little while playing with what santa brought!

And since we don't exactly have a fire place, this was our Christmas morning fire!
Next it was time for Presents!This was the first time that Kenzie has really been into Christmas, and it was fun to see how she got as excited as Kyle to open presents.... there was one diference though.  Kenzie rips the wrapping paper one little tiny piece at a time.  It takes her quite a while to open presents. :)



We then ate a quick breakfast of cinamon rolls and got the kids dressed before heading over to my mom's to open more presents!

 The kids got lots of presents at grandma's house, but one of their very favorites were scooters, and they just couldn't wait to play outside withthem!

Then it was time to head to Kimber's house to meet up with my dad and his wife Diana. 
Each of the kids got a fun toy, pluss Kyle and Kenzie got this fun little playhouse!

Those of you who know my dad might also know that he is OBSESSED with his brushing his teeth, and when I say obsessed I mean, he has about he has a certain routeen that he follows twice a day, and he has to do it just right, with certain products in a exact order! 

Well each of us kids and our spouces got these really cool toothbrushes that I am actually really excited about!  They truely do make my teeth feel like I just got them cleaned at the dentist!

Next it was time to go to my grandparents house to have lunch It was delicious as always, but I didn't take any pictures because we opened the presents from there at my mom's house. 

After that Kimber and I headed over to the hospital to visit my grandpa and grandma!  It was so good to see them, and it was really nice to see my grandpa sitting up, and in such good spirits!  Kenber and I literally couldn't stop laughing because he kept telling jokes, and fighting with the male nurse, who in all honesty I probably would have fought with too because he was really annoying! :)


We stayed there for quite a while before we had to head back because Aaron and  needed to head over to his parents house for dinner across the valley. 

We ended up being about ten minutes late, but oh well, we tried.  Dinner was delicouls, and the kids had tons of fun opening presents again!



Last but not least it was time for dessert!  After Aaron's whipped the cream for the pie, she gave Kenzie one of the beaters, and she LOVED it!
By the end of the night we were all exhausted, and it was time to go home!

We had a wonderful Christmas, and we hope that you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...