Aaron lost his job yesterday. It wasen't the best paying job, but it was the only job that provided for our family, and we were very greatful to have it.
When Aaron was let go, he was told that he was an exceptional employee, and that they hated to lose him. (like that statement will pay our bills.)
Aaron actually took the news very well. as soon as he got home, he got right on the computer and started applying for jobs.
I, on the other hand, was an emotional wreck yesterday. We have been in this place so many times in the past few years, and it dosen't feel good to be here.
However, I want my blog to be a positive place so I am just going to focus on the positive things.
First of all I am greatful for my mom. She is already halping my brother and his wife out because my brother can't work right now due to an injury to his foot. His job dosen't allow it to heal, so the doctor won't let him work. She has still told me that she will do what ever she can to help us. And last night she showed up at our house with gifts to brighten our day:
I am greatful for my sister. Yesterday she helped me make sure that we had what we needed.
I am greatful for my dad who is ALWAYS there to suport us in whatever way we need. Tonight I am especially greatful for the job opening that he told us about!
I am also greatful for a wonderful Bishop who assured me of the saftey net that is in place, and that we will have what we need.
I am greatful that my kids, and Slade were such good little kids today so that I could do some work around the house.
And last but certianally not least, I am greatful for a husband who spends HOURS and HOURS a day applying for jobs and trying to find a way to provide for his family! I know first hand that there are many who won't do that, and I am greatful that Aaron cares enough to do so!
This afternoon he actually got an initial phone interview, and I was so proud of him! Today was only his second day of looking, and it was very encouraging!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!