Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO HAPPEN SO FAST!!!!!

As you all know, Aaron lost his job a week ago yesterday. 

The last time he had lost his job, it took him over 2 months to find a new one.  At that time the economy wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, so I was very worried about him actually being able to find work. 

The past week has been filled with lots of stress, HUNDREDS of job applications, many phone calls, a few job interviews, many prayers, lots of scripture reading,  going to church, and many promptings from Heavenly Father which I am SO GLAD I listened to!

The most recent prompting came yesterday morning.  We were eating breakfast when a sudden thought occured to me, and I immediately told Aaron about it.  I asked him what he thought of calling some of the companies that he had applied to last week, and just checking up on the status of his applications.

He had a job interview in the morning, but he said that he would start calling as soon as he got back home.

The job ended up being a door to door sales job which niether of us was comfortable with, so he came home and started his phone calls.

The first place he called told him that they prefered to have people apply in person rather than online, so he got back into his shirt and tie, and was out the door.

He was gone for about 3 hours, and I don't know what was diferent than the other interviews, but I just had a really peaceful fealing about the whole situation.

When he got home, his face was expressionless, so I wasen't sure if he had good news or not.  He couldn't hide the smile from me for long, and I soon found out that HE GOT A JOB!!!!  He will be making the same dollar amount that he was making before, and he starts training TOMORROW!!!  The post that they want to put him at will start on the 18th of this month, and we are praying that it is full time. 

I just want to take a minute and say thank you to my sweet husband!  He quite litterally spent every waking minute looking for work.  He applied for EVERYTHING!!!  He didn't care what days of the week he would have to work, or what time of day.  He just wanted to find a way to suprot his family, and he DID NOT STOP until he found a way to do that!  And as a result of his hard work, he got hired EIGHT DAYS AFTER LOSING HIS OTHER JOB!!  In today's economy that is UNHEARD OF!!! 

As my dad has told me.... as his grandpa told him. "If you are willing to work there is a job out there waiting for you, you just have to be willing to work to find it!" 

1 comment:

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...