Wednesday, June 23, 2010

P90X MINIS ME EQUALS REALITY...... ATLEAST FOR NOW

I'm sure that most of you know what P90X is, but for those of you who have never heard of it before, let me explain a little about it. 

P90X is a 90 day extreme home work out program that consists of 12 work out DVD's, a schedule of when to do each workout, and a very strict nutrition guide.  And if you follow the routine, properly, IT WORKS!!!

My youngest brother Kyler has been doing this workout (before he hurt his shoulder) And he was really getting some results! 

I recently decided to start this workout myself.  I ordered it, and  when it fianally came in the mail, I was so excited to get started!  I wanted to start it on a Monday because the day to rest in the program is on every 7th day, and I wanted to make sure that that day fell on Sunday.  So, since I received it in the middle of the week I spent the rest of that week planning out our meals which did not exactly follow the P90X plan, but they were still very healthy. 

That next Monday I woke up at 5 AM, and I did my best to keep up with the workout.  It wasen't easy, and I couldn't even do half of what the people on the video did, but I deffinately got a great workout! 

The next morning I woke up at the same time, and went through the same thing, only with a diferent video, and let me tell you..... I WAS FEALING MUSCELS I NEVER KNEW I HAD!!!  It was probably pretty funny to watch me work around the house for a few days, because I could barely walk!

NOW HERE IS WHERE I NEED TO BACK UP A LITTLE BIT. 

A few months after moving into our apartment, I started having back pain.  It didn't really hurt that bad, and it kind of came and went, so I blamed it on the fact that I climb stairs a million times a day now, and I pretty much ignored it. 

Well, I have a cousin who is a chiropractor, and pretty much my entire family see's him!  It just so happens that I complained to my mom about my back, and she asked my cousin if he would be able to help me. 

To make a long story short, I had an appointment with him the next morning! 

He did some tests, and took some Xrays of my back, and let me just tell you  MY BACK IS MESSED UP!!  Just to give you an idea, my mom has had horrible back pain for years, sometimes so severe that she can barely walk! 

MY BACK IS WORSE THAN HERS!  I have some of the same problems as her, pluss I have even more things wrong with mine! 

Luckily my cousin says he can fix it! However, it will require me to go to the chiropractor 3 times a week for a while, AND I am not allowed to do P90 X until I am better!  I am allowed to do uper body workouts, and walk, but thats just about it!  This is the thing that devestated me the most.  I know that it sounds silly, but as hard and PAINFUL as this workout is, it is the first workout that I am truely inspired to keep doing! 

As disapointed as I am ghough, I will do what my cousin says, and for now I will focus on letting my back get better.  And in time I hope to be able to start all over with the whole P90X thing!

And just as a side note, do you need a chiropractor?  If you do, let me know, my cousin is a really good one!  And the muscle therapy afterthe adjustment feals sooooo good, and is very relaxing!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...