Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY 2010

Today was not the best mother's day ever.  Infact, I actually had quite a bad day!  Just a few examples of this are that Aaron got sick diring Sacrament Meeting, and had to go home.  From that time until the end of the block, Kenzie was screaming, and I do mean SCREAMING because she wanted to be allowed to get down and play, but she DID NOT want to be in Nursery!  I ended up having to find a last minute substitute, and Kenzie and I hung out in the Mother's lounge where I attempted to put her down for a nap, but the end of church came and I had had no success.  The kids and I then had to walk home in the heat which makes all three of us sick because Aaron who had promised to come back and pick us up, thought that we got out an hour later than we actually did.  Oh yeah, and my ward gave out chocolate to all the the mothers..... well, most of them.  I got missed because I was fighting my screaming daughter in the lobby, and none of the young men came out into the lobby as they usuallly do.    Am I a bit bitter about that?  Yes I am! :)

Sorry, I know I am nothing but a big complainer today, but the truth is that I am just not in the best of moods right now. 

There were were a couple of nice  things that happened today that did make me smile, and since for the most part I do want to keep my blog a positive place, this post would not be compleete with talking about those! 
#1  Kyle was such a good boy at church today!  He just sat there reading books.  When he finished one, he would reverently get up and get another one, but other than that he just sat there quietly while I struggled to keep Kenzie quiet!

#2  Kyle made this for me in his primary class!



He was so cute when he hurried out of his class and said "Mom look what I made for you for Mother's Day!"  He was also very proud that he glued the pieces on the front "all by himself"! 

#3  I got to spend a little bit of time with my mom!  My mom continues to amaze me every single day!  I am so lucky to have her!  Love you mom!!! :)

#4  I got to spend time with my sweet kids!  I  feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has blessed me with these 2 sweet little spirits to love, and to teach!  They are truely the light of my life!!!  Kyle, and Mackenzie, Mommy loves you both very, very much!!!

I hope everyone had a very happy Mother's Day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Haha... isn't that funny how it works? My mother's day was good, but bad too. I just remember when Kyle was the one screaming. I'm sure he's not perfect all the time, but I think it's interesting to watch how it turns as they get older.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...