She was feeling some contractions, but nothing hard, and they were still really far apart. So we ended up deciding to take the kids for a walk to try and help her progress a little bit.
She was holding Kyle's hand, and I was holding Kenzie's hand. We had gotten just a few steps past my mail box when she lost her ballance and fell.
I felt so helpless because since I was walking with Kenzie, I was a little too far back to be able to go up catch her in time.
When she went down she caught herself with her knee, so fortunately her stomach didn't really hit the ground. However, her knee was another story.
She was able to roll herself to a sitting position there on the sidewalk, and I could see that she was in a lot of pain. I asked her how I could help her, and she said that she just wanted to go back to my house. So I helped her up, and we made our way back. Once we were inside, the pain in her knee was so bad that she felt light headed, and thought she might pass out. So I had Aaron help her get comfortable on the couch while I ran upstairs to get the things that we needed to clean her cuts.
I have to say that Aaron was so cute and so sweet during this time.
We didn't have and ice cubes, so he was making ice packs out of frozen hamburger, and bags of frozen corn on the cob.
This was about the time that we found out that Kyle thought that it was all his fault. We explained that it was just an accident, but I don't think he believed us right away. However, after we told him this, he did go sit next to the couch by Kimber's head. I really wish that I had a camera, because I really wanted to take a video of it when he started telling her his very favorite story "The Three Little Pigs" He was doing everything that he knew how to do to make Kimber feel better, and it was so cute that it made me want to cry!!!
I spent all of this time on the phone talking to my mom, and Kimber's doctor because she is 39 weeks pregnant after all.
Her doctor said that she needed to go to the hospital just to be checked out, and my mom ended up sending paramedics.
To make a long story short, the patamedics said that it would be alright if David drove her to the hospital. , and David ended up ariving just as the paramedics were getting ready to leave. It was so cute to watch him with her. He insisted on carying her to the car, and she.... being the stuborn girl that she is insisted that she was too heavy.
And Kimber, just so ya know, I am NOT pregnant, and I still weigh about a thousand pounds more than you!
Eventually she allowed David to cary her to the car, and we let Kyle and Mackenzie give her kisses, and hugs, then we watched them drive away.
They first went to the ER because they new that she needed to have both the baby and her knee checked out, they just weren't quite sure where they needed to go first. The ER people sent them to Labor and Delivery first since she is so close to her due date.
They had to wait FOREVER becuase the place was so full! Kimber later found out that she was the 3rd pregnant girl in a row to show up there because she had fallen. Crazy huh?
The did get a nice little surprise though. While Kimber was hooked up to the monitors, she was watching a line that she thought was Slade's heart beat, but she was later told that those were her contractions! She is having way more contractions than she thought, she just can't really feel them very often yet! Oh, and by the way, "baby Cerel" is doing perfectly fine!!!
They then sent her back to the ER where they again had to wait.
After an eternity of sitting there, she was fianally taken back where her knee was disinfected, and literally scrubbed to get all of the little rocks out of her skin. In the end, she found out that her knee is sprained, and they thought that a couple of the cuts would need some stiches, but luckily she ended up not needing them!
Throughout all of these hours, I periodicaly had to remind Kyle that it was NOT his fault. Eventually he came to the conclusion that Kimber had tripped over a spider, and the doctors were making her better. :)
I think Kyle felt much better when Kimber came back over to our house last night, and he could see that she was OK.
And just FYI
Kimber had her doctor appointment this morning and still not much progress. If she dosen't go into labor on her own, then she will have another appointment on Wednesday which is the day after her due date, and she will be scheduled for an induction on Thursday. When Kimber called me this morning, she did not sound very happy! :) Lets just say that she is ready for this pregnancy to be finished!!!





Poor Kimber! It sucks not feeling good and and being pregnant. It will all be over soon and she will have her sweet boy to hold and snuggle. I am so excited for you that you are going to be an auntie again!
ReplyDelete