

Aaron wasn't allowed to wear his wedding ring at the hospital, so I wore it. It was a little big for me, but I kept it safe for him.
We gave the kids hugs and kisses, and then they got to play with Uncle Kyler while my mom drove Aaron and I to the hospital. It was a good thing that we got there early because it took us forever to find a parking spot.
Once inside the hospital, we met up with Aaron's dad.
After getting Aaron all checked in, we headed to the surgery waiting room where we sat for no more than a couple of minutes before the called Aaron back.
We then sat there and waited for a little while, and pretty soon a nurse came to get us. We were taken back to a room where we found Aaron in a bed wearing his ever so stylish hospital gown. An IV had been placed in his hand, and he was wrapped in blankets to help keep him as warm as they could possibly get him.
Here he is, looking very happy I might ad. :)
Here he is, looking very happy I might ad. :)
A little later when he got to stand up, I got to see the whole ensemble! He also had compression socks that went all the way up to his knees, and some other things for circulation over those. I told Aaron that I had to get a picture!
Soon after this picture was taken, the anistesa team came in to wheel him away. They gave him a medication to help him relax, and it took efect immediately! So I gave him a kiss goodbye, and my mom and I headed out to the waiting room. Aaron's Dad came back from his conference call a few minutes later, and we all headed to lunch in the hospital cafeteria.
The Doctor had told us that it would take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. However, about 3 hours later the doctor finally called us back into a little room to talk about how the surgery went.
The doctor said that it went really well! The tumor was in fact the kind of tumor that they had originally said that it was And the coolest part was that they were able to do the entire operation through ONE hole which is only 3 centimeters long! This is a brand new approach to this surgery. And Aaron's was only the second one that this doctor had preformed this way! The first one had been the surgery just a few minutes before his.
The doctor told us that we would be able to see Aaron about 2 hours later when he was in his room. So we went back to the waiting room to wait. Aaron's Dad had to go home, but his mom had gotten there since then, so we sat with her, and we waited, and waited, and waited.
Sometime between 6 and 7 pm, Aaron's mom finally decided to go up to the desk to ask if we would be able to see Aaron soon. They told us that he was awake, and was just waiting for transport to his room. She then gave her the room number and said that we were more than welcome to wait up there for him.
So we went up there, and the nurse at the desk told us that she would get his nurse, and she would come and get us from the hallway waiting area soon.
So again, we waited, and waited, and waited some more.
Finally, Aaron's mom went up to the desk again, and it turns out that Aaron had been in his room for quite some time already, and no one had come to let us know. I was a little frustrated, but I let it go because all I cared about was getting to see Aaron.
When we got in the room, Aaron was awake, but definitely very out of it!
We talked to him for a couple of minutes while his nurse took care of him. Soon I headed down stairs with my mom and Aaron's mom, and said goodnight to my mom, and headed to the cafeteria with Aaron's mom where she bought me dinner. I then told her goodhight, then I headed back up to Aaron's room where I spent the night.
Aaron did very well that first night. He had to have pain meds a couple of times, but over all he did very well!
The next morning, Aaron was in the mood to go for a walk. So we walked for a VERY LONG TIME! I told him not to over do it, but he told me he was fine.
By the time he got back to his room, he was exhausted.








No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!