Monday, September 14, 2009

PLEASE PRAY FOR AARON!!!!!

This afternoon, Aaron just before lunch, Aaron told me that he was feeling very short of breath, and that he wanted to take a shower to try and relax for a few minutes.

So I kept an eye on the kids, and continued my cleaning.

When he was finished with his shower, he came out and told me that he was still feeling the same, and he wanted to lie down for a little while. I wasn't too concerned because one of his medications has a side effect of shortness of breath.

A few minutes later Aaron basically fell out the bedroom door, and said that all of a sudden his heart started racing. This alarmed me immediately because they were concerned that when he has such low potassium, that it could have damaged his heart.

So we brought his pillow out to the couch where he laid down while I called his doctor. They went through a series of questions with me, which I relayed to him, and they determined that it would be okay if he waited a few hours to have an appointment with them.

Well, a few minutes after I hung up with the doctor's office, Aaron started having chest pain. So I grabbed the phone, and new that I was calling 9-1-1, but the funny thing is that I actually had to stop and think "okay, whats the number to 9-1-1? oh yeah, it's 9-1-1!" It's a little embarrassing, but it really did happen. :)

The ambulance arrived very quickly, and they did all of their tests, and gave him some asprin, and nitro. I then rode with them when they took him to the hospital.

My mom and Kyler had arived, and were taking care of the kids.

When we got to the hospital, the girl driving told me, "okay just go to the lobby, and I will meet you there"

So I am on my way to the lobby, and I have NO CLUE where I am going, when a black SUV pulls up, and blocks my path. So I start to go around it when the passenger door opens, and out steps a lady from my ward who used to be my mom's visiting teacher a few years ago.

So she grabbed me by the arm, and takes me where I need to go. I don't really know her that well, but I was so relieved to be with someone who knew where she was going that I almost cried!

Once in the lobby, the triage nurse asked me how he could help me, and when I explained that my husband was on his way in from the ambulance he told me to have a seat, and ad soon as he was settled he would take me to him. I was just wondering where ambulance girl had gone since she had promised to meet me there!

Finally one of the nurses found Aaron for me and took me back to him. When I got into his little room, the doctor was already in there talking to him. He was also already hooked up to a heart monitor, and had an IV going, and he was on oxygen. They also gave him some medicine through his IV which stopped his heart for about a half a second, and then restarted it at a normal rhythm. He said that if felt like he had been kicked in the chest by a horse. The scariest part for me was the fact that they were keeping a crash cart in his room plugged in and ready to go.

They ended up doing an EKG, and a chest xray. the EKG showed something, I honestly can't remember what the doctor called it, but she said it wasn't bad. And the chest xray showed that his heart is larger than it was a couple of months ago. So then they did an ultrasound of his heart, and they found that his heart is a little bigger, and there is fluid around his heart, and he has a partially collapsed artery.

GREAT!

He spent ALL DAY in the ER just waiting.

At about 5 pm, we were surprised that his Cardiologist showed up. We thought that he was just going to be treated by doctors in the hospital, but this doctor too,k time out of his own personal time to come and check on him himself. From then on, he was calling the shots for Aaron's care, no linger the ER doctor. I really like this doctor. I feel very confident with him, and I think that he will stay on top of this now that Aaron's heart is involved.

Some time between 8:30 and 9 pm, Aaron was FINALLY admitted into the ICU. I walked with him as they pushed his bed, and he was in very good spirits, which was not the case earlier today.

I stayed long enough to make sure that that he was situated, and, then my mom and Kimber went in to see him for a few minutes.

I then went back in to give him a kiss goodnight, and saw that they had FINALLY given him something to eat.

We then went to my Aunt Jeri Lyn's house to pick up the kids. They had a blast there. Kyle spent the afternoon sitting on the tractor saying "vroom, vroom", and pushing a cart of balls around. And Kenzie spent her time chasing one of the dogs and the chickens around the back yard. Kenzie ran to me, and was very happy to have mommy holding her, and Kyle DID NOT want to go home. he wanted to stay there and play!

But Uncle David told him that Grandma's truck had turned into a Tonka Truck, and then Kyle went willingly. :)

When we got home, Kenzie fell right to sleep, and Uncle Kyler helped her get comfortable in her bed. Kyle was up for a little while, he insisted on sharing mommy's french fries, he said "mommy I love to share with you!" It was so cute, and sweet, that I couldn't resist. So we shared french fries on the couch. Then I helped him into his bed, and he was asleep in about 30 seconds.

I think thats about it for right now. I have to be home because our apartment building is being appraised tomorrow, and then I will be back to the hospital.

I want to say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN PRAYING FOR OUR FAMILY!!! Your prayers mean a lot!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!!!!!!!!

And I want to say a special THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us out today!

Mom, Kyler, Kimber, David, Grandma, and Grandpa G., Jeri Lyn, Joey, Jessica, Josie, and Jase. You have made a very stressful, and emotional day a little easier!
THANK YOU!

Well, I will write again soon, but for now I am off to go take care of myself for a little while.

Good Night.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney....We will keep your little family in our prayers!!!! It is good to have such a good support group and if its family it makes it that much better, and your extended family is one of the best i know!!!!

    Take Care
    Kathy Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney,
    I hope your husband recovers quickly and that his doctor is able to help him turn his health around. I will remember your family in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sweetie!! You and your family are in my prayers. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...