Do you remember where you were when you heard the news of the attacks on September Eleventh 2001? I know I sure do!
I was just finishing up getting ready for work, when my mom walked in the door from dropping one of my siblings off at school. Before she was even all the way through the door, she said "There is a lot going on in our world today kids."
From there we turned on the news, and I was SHOCKED at what I was seeing on the screen.
When my mom drove me to work we listened to the news on the radio, and then once at work, we ALL sat in front of the TV ALL DAY because we just couldn't tear ourselves away.
Here are a few video's that I have found about that tragic day in history.
This speech by President Bush brought tears to my eyes then, and it did again as I watched this video just now.
Here is a survivor of the attacks.
Here is a tribute video that I found.
I have spent the last little while watching a few different videos about this tragic day in history 8 years ago today. I had kind of a hard time deciding which ones to add to this post. They brought back all the feelings of sadness from that day.
I would just like to take a minute and say thank you to all of those who are out fighting every single day to protect us, and our freedom! It is because of you that my family and I are able to enjoy life as we do today. Although I will probably never meet you, and you will most likely never read this, again I would just like to say THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US SAFE!!!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!