This past Wednesday Mackenzie was making one of her famous canned food castles, and she accidental dropped one of the cans on her foot.
I quickly picked her up, and started to give her hugs and kisses when I noticed that her big toe was bleeding. I ran into the bathroom and got some toilet paper, and the bleeding stopped in about a minute, and the cut wasn't bad. So I cleaned it with Peroxide, and she went off to play.
This afternoon I was rocking her to sleep for her nap when I noticed that her toe was really red, and not just where the cut was. So I called my mom and bothered her at work for the second time today told her that I thought the toe might be infected, and asked her to stop by after work to look at it.
She came by as soon as she could, and sure enough, her toe is infected. My mom told me what I should do for the next day or two, and to watch it really close.
So now, I am soaking her toe in water as hot as she can stand at least three times a day. (this makes her really mad!) Cleaning it with peroxide, and Neosporin every single hour that she is awake.
My mom said that this should take care of the infection, and I sure hope it dose! But if it doesn't, I will have to find a way to get her to the Urgent care up the street from us so that they can take care of it. It isn't swollen at all, and it doesn't seem to bother her at all except for when mommy is messing with it. I really hope that it gets better soon!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!