Sunday, May 17, 2009

BACK TO THE WAY THAT THINGS ARE SUPOSED TO BE.....

Well, at least the way that I I think that they should still be!

When we got married, the apartment that we moved in to was in my mom's ward. I liked it this way! It came in especially handy when Kyle came along, because we had lots of people to help with him during Sacrament Meeting.

Our ward was very small, and when I was about 2 months away from being due with Kenzie, our ward was dissolved. This was a very sad day for me. I know that when mosst people get married, they are ready to go off and be on their own, but thats just not me. My I went back to the ward that I had been in since I was 9 years old, and the rest of my family went to a ward that meets at the stake center. And, even though I live very close to me mom, there is still a ward in between us that none of us are a part of.

Then when my sister got married, she moved into an apartment complex, and it was in my mom's ward even though, I think she technically lives a little closer to me. Our ward boundaries are very strange :)

Well, to make a very long story short, Aaron has to work during church, and Sundays are now the hardest day of the week for me. Although it is very hard, I am determined to do what I am supposed to do and get my kids to church even though it would be oh so much easier to just stay at home and keep the kids on their normal every day schedules.

Today we were invited to my mom's ward to hear my sister speak in Sacrament meeting! I jumped at the chance because my family is there, and I like it that way! The kids were sooooo good, I think that Grandma's little zip lock bag full of jelly beans might have had a little something to do with that :)

The kids sat still all the way up until after Kimber spoke, and she was the second speaker! That NEVER happens!!!

Kimber did a great job on her talk, and as soon as she was done, the kids wanted to sit with her. This wasn't exactly possable since she was sitting on the stand, so the kids started to get a little rowdy. So, my mom took Kyle, and I took Kenzie, and we went for a walk around the church. After a while, we sat on the stairs to the stage in the cultural hall, and then we walked around again.

My brother Kyler took us home after Sacrament Meeting, because with the trouble I have been having with them going to their own classes, I didn't feel like fighting them in new classes today. But it felt really good to go to church with my family again, it kind of felt like old times! I even got to see some of the people from our old ward who I haven't seen in a really long time! It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...