Yesterday for lunch I was making Top Ramen noodles in the microwave. I made one bowl for Kyle, put some in each of two bowls because Aaron & Mackenzie were taking naps so I decided that they would eat later.
I covered the noodles in each of the bowls with water, and put Kyle's in the microwave first. When it was done I opened up the microwave door, and realized how close the boiling hot water was to the top of the bowl.
I immediately thought of the time when we were younger and my sister Kimber got a 3rd. degree burn on her foot from dropping hot Top Ramen soup on it straight out of the microwave.
It was at this point that I carefully reached into the microwave to carefully Cary it over to the sink so that I could drain the water out. (we only give the kids the noodles because the juice is just way too messy.) I was bringing the bowl out of the microwave when my sweet boy who loves to be a helper decided that he was going to help by closing the microwave for mommy.
Unfortunately he closed it a little too soon and it hit my wrist hard, causing the HOT water to spill all over both of my hands.! I immediately screamed and just dropped the bowl where it was.
I then ran in and woke Aaron up so that he could fix the other bowl of noodles for Kyle while I kept my fingers in cold water running in the bathroom sink.
Aaron was more than happy to help. He made Kyle noodles, and then he made some for Kanzie who had been woken up by my scream.
When both kids were happily eating, Aaron called to me, so I hesitantly left the comfort of the cool water on my fingers, and headed to the kitchen where I saw Aaron holding 2 frozen 1 lb. tubes of frozen hamburger. He was so sweet! He said that he was sorry that he didn't have an icepack for me, but that he was sure that it would help.
So, I took one Pound of hamburger in each hand and sat on the couch. We had to reassure Kyle that he didn't do anything wrong, because he knew that mommy was hurt, and e thought it was his fault, but we quickly made him see that we knew that it was an accident, and that we knew that he was only trying to help. He has such a tender little heart! :)
And I only ended up with 3 blisters, so I am pretty happy about that!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!