Mackenzie woke up this morning at 4:30 am. I was soooooooooo tired, so I stumbled to the kids room to see what was wrong, and she was just VERY MAD!!! She was ready to start her day! SHE WANTED OUT OF HER BED, AND SHE WANTED IT NOW.
Let me just pause here, and explain that at this point I had slept for roughly 7 hours over the past 48 hours, and it was not consistent. I had slept 4 hours the first night, and almost 3 last night. I WAS EXHAUSTED!!!
Anyway, back to my story.
I noticed that her sippy cup was empty, so I filled it for her in hopes that it would calm her down. I gave it to her, but much to my saddness she wanted NOTHING to do with it! I stood there for a few minutes and tried to rub her back, but she didn't want that either.
I brought her out to the Living room, and started to rock her. I am pretty sure that she had just had a bad dream because my normally very in dependant baby was suddenly very cuddly, and was instantly in an amazing mood as soon as she was in mommy's arms. We sat and rocked, and talked for about a half hour until I was sure that she was calm enough to go back to bed.
To my relief, she went back to bed willingly! So I turned off the kitchen light which I was using to be able to see into their room without waking up Kyle, and she started to scream. I quickly turned the light back on, and went to sit on the couch until she fell asleep so that I could turn the light back off. (we are trying to do everything we can to save money on electricity)
She calmed down some but she wouldn't go to sleep. I finally gave up and just left the light on and headed to bed. I had just gotten comfortable when she started up again!
To my happy surprise, Aaron jumped out of bed, and headed to see what was wrong without even being asked to do so. He then took her into the Living room. I asked him if he wanted me to come out and help him, but he told me to go back to sleep, and I was more than happy to do so!
I woke up at 8:30, and the three of them were happily playing, and watching Sesemee Street.
I haven't totally caught up on my sleep, but I feel so much better!!!
THANK YOU SWEETIE FOR TAKING OVER FOR ME THIS MORNING!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!