Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WORKING OUT

As I mentioned a while ago, I have really been trying to excercise regularly.

I knew exactly how I would work out when I decided to do so. I had a DVD called WALK AWAY THE POUNDS by LESLIE SANSONE! I used to do these workouts before I got married, and then once I was married I kind of gave up on the whole working out thing.

Then a couple of years ago, I received some money for my birthday, and I decided to buy a DVD that had 3 of the workouts on it, the 1,2, &3 mile workouts. I used the DVD occasionally, but never was very good at exercising consistently.

A couple of months ago when I learned that my blood pressure was slightly high, that made something click! I have been determined to get myself in shape ever since!

I started with the 1 mile which is very easy to do, and quickly moved up to the 2 mile. Then a couple of weeks ago I decided that I was ready to push myself 1 step further, and started working on the 3 mile workout, and I am now doing the 3 mile workout six days a week! Here is a short clip of the 3 mile workout!

I will be working on this one for a while! I can get through it with the weights now, but I am usually pretty tired afterwards.

Sometime in the future when I am no longer challenged by the 3 mile, I want to move up to this one.This is a 4 mile walk, and I actually used to do this one before I met Aaron. It is a great workout!!! Unfortunately the video tape that I had got broken so I will have to get a new copy of it when that time comes.

I learned yesterday that there is now a 5 mile workout, and I hope that I will get to the point that I can do that workout!

I love these workouts because because I can do them in my house which is great for me because I can't afford to go to the gym, and I get sick in the heat. I also love them because they are very low impact, and when I am done, I really feel like I have gotten a total body workout!

Recently Aaron decided that since I was working out every day, he might as well do it too! I was so excited when he decided to start exercising!!! He has such an issue with his blood pressure, and I have been very worried about his lack of exercises! He has stayed with it too! He has been doing the 2 mile for a couple of weeks, and he told me this morning that on Monday he wants to try the 3 mile with me!!!

It feels so good to get my exercises in every day, and I am starting to see tiny results! I have a lot more energy, and I have one pair of jeans that I really need to find a belt for! I have NEVER had that problem before! It is so exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...