I had origionally planned to go, however, when we all got sick,(yes Aaron and I ended up getting it too), I had pretty much decided to stay home and rest instead.
However, Aaron was very insistant that I go because I truely do not ever get time for my self other than when the kids are asleep for the night, and by that time I am so exhausted that all I want to do is sleep! He said that I deserved some time just for me. So, I promised that if I was feeling up to it by the time it started then I wold go.
When the time came, I was feeling pretty drained, but other than that I was doing great! So Aaron stayed home from his kung-fu class, and was so sweet to watch the kids while I went to what my kids called "The Mommy Party" :)
We all piled into the car, and they dropped me off.
I am really glad that I went! I ended up sitting at a table with my best friend from junior high, who I havn't really talked to in years. We keep in touch through Facebook and blogs, but this really is the first time that I have goten to talk to her in a very long time!
The dinner was delicious! There was a rice dish, and a chicken dish (I wish I had the recipe for both of them.) There was also salad and rolls.
We then moved onto dessert, and I wish that I had the recipes for all of those too!
The program was a reader's theater, and they told the story
"A Stranger For Christmas"
It was a cute story, and it was pretty funny.
Then a guy in our ward who plays the piano, and has an amazing voice played and sang this song
It brought tears to my eyes.
At the end of the night we all got to take one of these
I had a great time, and I am so glad that I went!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!