When something like this happens in your lifetime you don't forget it.
I do not remember what clothes I wore that day, or what I ate for breakfast that day, but I do remember every single word of my conversation with my mom as she told me of what was happening as I prepared to go to work. I remember being glued to the live news coverage, and those videos, and immages will be forever burned into my memory. I remember feeling so scared to leave home to go to work, I only wanted to be with my family. I remember feeling lots of feelings that day, but most of all I remember feeling so sad for all of the people who were right there in the middle of it, and wishing that there were something that I could do to help even though I was thousands of miles away. I also remember feeling an overwhelming sense of peace when I watched the President's speach.
Now here I am exactly 9 years later.
While time has caused these events to move to the back of my memory, the simple sight of the date on the calender brings everything flooding back! All of the sights, sounds, and fealings all feel fresh again. And while that is a painfull thing, I am greatful for the reminder because it helps me to remember that I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! It also reminds me of how greatful I am to those who risk their lives every day so that I can be free to live my life, and be with my amazing family who I love dearly! And above all else, I am greatful for a loving Heavenly Father who is always watching over all of us!
I pledge alegance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the republic for which it stands
One nation under GOD
Indivisible with liberty and justice for all
September eleventh two thousand one is truely a day that I will never forget!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago







I remember that day vividly too (I was muy pregnant with Parker, due any day). I remember when I realized that I had witnessed something that would be in history books, and that I would someday talk to my grandchildren about. The world has certainly changed since then.
ReplyDelete