Aaron gets off of work pretty late at night. He then has to drive kind of a long way home, and right nowthere is also a lot of construction on the freeway that he takes to come home. This usually means that I can expect to have him home around 1 in the morning.
This usually means that I go on and go to sleep, but I leave the light on in my room, cuz I am a big chicken and I am afraid to sleep in the dark by myself. :) When Aaron comes home, he always rurns the light off before he goes to sleep.
This morning I woke up, at 4:56 AM, and I immediately knew that something was wrong, although at first I couldn't put my finger on it because I was still half asleep.
I quickly becaue very allert though when I realized that the light was still on, and Aaron was not asleep beside me. So I jumped up and ran down the stairs thinking that mabye he fell asleep on the couch while watching TV because he has been known to do that on occasion. But when I got down stairs, the living room was empty, the light was still on, and the TV was on the same channel that I had been watching the night before. And yes, I usually leave those things on too when Aaron is at work, it just makes me feal a little more comfortable.
I then ran to the front window, ans sure enough, our parking space was empty.
So I ran back upstairs, and called the celphone that he carries while at work. I was praying that for some reason he was just stuck there at work, and had forgotton to call me. However, a strange voice answered, and when I asked about Aaron he said that he had left at about 12:05. Verging on hystarics I quickly thanked him, and hung up.
My mind was going a million miles an hour. Keep in mind that I can not drive, and all I know that something happened between here and Phoenix to keep Aaron from coming home! Normally I would have calledmy mom, or sister because both of them would have been more than willing to drive me wherever I might need to go, however, remember that myentire family is out of town now.
So I quickly decided to call Aaron's parents and leave a message. I knew that they would not get the message for a while because they turn off their phone at night. But I figured that if I left a message then they wouldget it as soon as they turned on the phone.
I then started going through a mental list of things I could do to try and find him without a car.
I could c all all local hospitals, yeah, that would be a good place to start.
I went into the bathroom to fill my cup with water before heading downstairs to the computer to start looking up phone numbers, and it was then hat I heard our car pull in!
It was at that point that I felt such relief that I just started to cry. I was standing on the landing in the middle of the stairs when he appeared at the bottom. Wheh he saw me, he said "the van is really pissing me off!" I had to smile, and give him a big hug even though he protested because he said he was too sweaty and stinky. I simply informed him that I didn't care!
He then told me why he was so late.
He was driving on the Freeway on his way home shortly after midnight, and suddenly the van just quit working. He tried, and tried, but he just couldn't get it started. He didn't have the celphone with him because we lost the charger, and it was dead. He fianally climbed into the back seat, to relax, and ended up dizing offf.
Somewhere around 4 or 5 hours later, a highway patrolman stopped to help him. Aaron showed him how he couldn't get it started, and the guy took a look under the hood, juggled a few wires, and told AAron to try starting it again. It then started up right away, and the officer sent Aaron on his way.
Aaron kept saying how thankful he is to fianally be home, and I am thankful too!
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!