Sunday, October 11, 2009

COMING OUT OF HIBERNATION!!!

When I was in elem entry school, the teachers noticed that whenever I went out to recess I would always come back into class with a red face, and not feeling well. So, my parents had it checked out, and in the end they found out that I have an allergy to the sun. As I have gotten older, I have found that it's not just the sun that bothers me, but any heat. I usually get a pretty sever headache, one that only goes away with the combination of Aleve, caffeine, an d sleep, and after being in the heat, I usually feel like I have the flu until I am able to sleep it off.



This is the one thing that I hoped that I wouldn't pass on to my kids. And since I am the only person in my family who seems to have this problem, I was hopeful that my kids wouldn't have to deal with it. However, both kids show signs that they have the same problems. Mackenzie seems to be like me, while Kyle throws up if he gets too hot.



This might not be that big of an issue except for the fact that we live in a place where the temperature reaches about a thousand degrees, and it stays there for weeks!



As a result, we stay in doors as much as possible during the summer. We have to put our park trips on hold, and we try to find fun things to do that are inside somewhere, but for the most part we just stay home with the door shut, and the A/C on, and it has to run almost constantly to maintain a comfortable temperature.



So, as you can imagine, we are always very excited when the days start to cool down! It is the time of year that we can come out of hibernation!!



We are so excited that this time of year has fianally arived because now we get to enjoy the things that we don't get to enjoy during the summer. Things like:



*going on walks

*playing at the park

*turning off the A/C, and opening the door, and being comfortable!



It probably sounds silly to be excited about the weather changing, but to us it is very exciting!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...