On Tuesday morning shortly after I wrote my last post, I found a piece of paper taped to my security door. At first I thought nothing of it because we are always getting advertisements left on our door. This was not an advertisement.
It was a letter informing us that in 2 days (yesterday) our landlord would be coming to inspect our apartment.
I immediately decided that our apartment needed a good deep cleap cleaning, so I called my mom who was just getting off work, and she immediately came over. She helped me for hours, and when Kimber got off of work she came to help entertain the kids so my mom and I could clean more quickly. (and just as a side note, Kimber was wearing a cute green shirt which showed off her cute little pregnant belly quite nicely. I tried to take a picture, but my camera battery was dead.)
Soon it was time for them to go, so I took a break too, and made dinner for the kids. I then put them to bed, and started cleaning again. I had planned to stop at about 4 am so that I could at least get a couple hours of sleep, but that didn't happen. I ended up working for 38 hours with no breaks except for taking Aaron to the endocrinologist Wednesday afternoon. During that time my mom was a huge help again when she again came right after work, and cleaned my house, and watched my kids while I was gone. (And I am sorry mom that Kyle locked himself in the bathroom, and that you had to break in to get him out :) )
That night, we ate dinner, and Aaron cleaned the kitchen while I put the kids to bed. I had told him that I was going to start cleaning again right after they went to sleep. (Mackenzie won't stay in her bed unless someone is laying there with her) However, the next thing that I knew, Aaron was waking me up to help me into our bed. I guess after being awake for 38 hours laying down in a nice soft bed was just too much for me, and I lost all willpower to stay awake anymore! That is the longest amount of time that I have EVER been awake, and let me tell you, It was really weird!!! As long as I was up and moving, I didn't feel tired at all, but any time I would sit down to relax I would immediately start dreaming even though I was awake!
I woke up when Mackenzie did the next morning (Thursday) and started cleaning. I then woke Aaron up at 6:00, and he started cleaning too. We worked really hard, and we got our house REALLY CLEAN!!!
At around 2:00 pm our land lord and 2 other people showed up at our door. The land lord and the lady with him didn't even step in the door, they just poked their heads in! The other guy had a camera, and took a picture in each room, and left! They were probably here for a total of 30 seconds!!! It was so frustrating, ALL THAT WORK FOR A STINKIN' 30 SECONDS!!!!!!! Oh well, at least our house is REALLY CLEAN NOW, and I was able to give the land lord a written list of what is wrong with our apartment (like the fact that it is raining in our kitchen)
It has been a VERY STRESSFUL couple of days, and I am glad that they are over! So that, my friends, (especially Grandma G.), is why I have not posted a blog for a few days, I simply haven't had any time! Please don't be mad at me, I didn't have time for things that are more important either, things like sleep and food :)
Mon, thank you so much! we wouldn't have been able to get done in time if it wasn't for you! Some day when we have a little money (probably in like 20 years) we WILL be taking you out to dinner or something! :)
Lucky Number Thirteen
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!