Sunday, March 1, 2009

I NEED SOME SLEEP PART 2

It is 3:29 am right now.


At 1:40 am, I woke up to find Kyle in our bed snuggled up between us. I quickly got up and tried to take him back to bed, but he Did Not want to go! He very loudly yelled at me that he wanted to sleep on the couch.


Kenzke was also crying, so Aaron started to help Kyle back to bed while I went to check on Kenzie. Once there, I noticed that she had just finished throwing up (sigh)


Aaron helped Kyle into bed, and I took the sheets off of Kenzie's bed and put them in the washer.


I then went to clean Kenzie up. While I was putting her in the bath tub, I could hear that Kyle was still crying, so I asked Aaron to bring Kyle in and I gave him a bath too. I figured since I was already bathing one child, why not bathe the other one as well. Plus, I knew that it would probably help calm him down.


Aaron helped me put fresh sheets on Kenzie's bed, and we quickly got them dried off, dressed, and back in bed.


To my surprise, Kyle stayed there!


Kenzie on the other hand, was not very happy , and after a few minutes, I brought her out to the living room to rock her for a while. Once she calmed down, we rubbed her down with my Grandma's amazing vapor rub, got her some more water in her sippy cup, and I put her back to bed. She went willingly this time, but I am still waiting for her to go to sleep.


On nights like this I find that I am a much nicer mommy if I just stay awake until both kids are back asleep. Otherwise, I would just just get very frustrated every time that I had to get out of my warm comfy bed. So, I am currently watching The Princess Diaries 2, eating homemade brownies from a box (A huge THANK YOU goes out to Aaron's mom who insisted that I get myself some chocolate!) and writing this blog.


Kyle got a cold last Sunday for the second time in two months, and now Kenzie has finally gotten it for the second time. So we are now using lots of vapor rub, and the humidifier is running every night. I can't wait until cold and flu season is over! I feel so bad that my kids aren't feeling well, and I can't wait until we can get back to our normal sleeping habits!



I think Kenzie is asleep now, so I think that I am going to go back to sleep as well! I hope that everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! Mine will be spent at home taking care of sweet little kids who just don't feel very well.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I hear they don't stop sleeping when they are teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, thanks! I will try to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...