Thursday, February 26, 2009

I NEED SOME SLEEP!!!

Two nights ago, Mackenzie woke up at 3:30 am ready for the day. So, I gave her a fresh sippy cup of milk, checked her diaper to make sure she was still dry, tucked her back in, and headed back to my own bed.

She was quiet for about five minutes, and then the crying started all over again. This time Aaron got up to go see what was the matter. After a couple of minutes he came back and said that she just wanted to get out of bed.

We waited a few more minutes to see if she would settle herself down but she didn't, and Kyle was awake by this time as well, so I just got up with the kids got them into fresh diapers, and turned on a DVD for them to watch. Both kids were still very tired, but Mackenzie was especially cranky, and at 7:00 I looked over to check on her, and I found her asleep in her princess chair. )This is the picture at the top.)

I then woke Aaron up, I guess I looked as tired as I felt because he told me to go take a nap. So, after moving Kenzie to her bed, that is just what I did.

I slept for a couple of hours, and then I started working on organizing the kids bedroom. I worked ALL DAY! I st oped only to eat lunch and dinner, and worked the rest of the time! I was exhausted!!!

The kids went to bed easily enough, so I quickly took a shower, and went to bed as well. I was in bed by 9:30, I was so proud of myself!

The next thing I knew, Kyle was crawling into bed between Aaron and I. He normally does this when he wakes up in the morning, so I didn't think much of it. Then for some reason I decided to look at the clock. It was only 12:20! I had only been sleeping for 3 hours!!!

I changed Kyle's pullup, and walked him back to bed. I decided to sit with him so that it would take less time for him to fall back to sleep. That didn't happen. An hour later, I still found myself sitting next to Kyle's bed, trying very hard not to fall asleep.

I finally decided that as long as I was in there, he was going to stay awake. So I came out into the living room to check my Facebook to help keep myself awake while I waited for him to go to sleep.

He tried to come out of his room several times, screaming and crying because I wouldn't let him play, but I made him go back to bed every single time.

It took a while, but finally my efforts were rewarded! When I was finally able to crawl back into bed it was 3:56 am.

I had just gotten all nice, warm, and comfy when Mackenzie started crying. So, I pulled myself out of bed once again and headed back to the other bedroom. Kenzie was still mostly asleep, she had just come uncovered, and couldn't find her sippy cup. I tucked her back in, checked the cup to make sure that there was still something in it, and headed back to bed once again.

A little while later, Mackenzie started crying again. This time Aaron got up with her, and it turned out that she had finished her milk, and wanted more to drink. So, he got her some water, and she calmed right back down.

Before I knew it, Kyle was in our bed again. It was about 6:30, so I knew it was the usual time, but I was so tired that all I could do was mumble responses to his usual morning questions. Luckily, Aaron was rested and ready to help me out. Before I knew what was happening, he was changing diapers, fixing breakfast, and entertaining the kids while I was able to catch up on a little bit of much needed sleep.

I hope that this Patten doesn't repeat again tonight because Aaron's weekend is over, and he won't be able to help me much.

Wish Me Luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those kinds of nights make it really hard to be a mom the next day. Good thing Aaron was able to help you out a bit. Hope tonight goes as a normal night usually would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you're doing is re-inforcing the fact that I am not ready to be a mommy. It is a 24/7 job and I am just far too selfish. I LOVE my sleeping time. Kyle & Kenzie are lucky to have such a wonderful mommy =]

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...